Please confirm your subscription
Within a few minutes, you'll receive a message from Yahoo! Groups (our list host) with the subject "Please confirm your request to join..."
Please check your bulk mail or spam folder.
To confirm your subscription, simply reply to this message. (You can ignore Yahoo's request to go to their site and create an account.)
Once you've confirmed, you'll receive a welcome message to indicate that you've successfully subscribed (please check your spam folder).
Depending on your email system, there are occasional glitches. If you haven't successfully confirmed your subscription in the next minute or two, try one of the following:
- Click Back, double check the spelling of your e-mail address, and try again.
- Or subscribe by sending a blank e-mail to the subscribe address for the region that interests you, e.g.:
- Our other subscribe options ('daily digest', 'weekly digest', 'custom') use another system that is easy and reliable. Go to the subscribe page and choose any of those options instead of 'as it happens'.
All the above options send you a confirmation request — you need to respond to complete your subscription. Please check your spam or bulk mail folder if you don't see it.
Don't miss out on GoodWork
You can prevent our postings from being blocked as spam or landing in your junk mail folder, where you might never see them. Here's how:
- Gmail — Click "Mail", near top left, then "Contacts". Click the "New Contact" button. Under "email" type: email@example.com, then click the "Save Now" button, near top right.
- Yahoo! — Click "Contacts" in the left column. Click "Add Contact." Type firstname.lastname@example.org into the "Email" field. Click "Save."
- Hotmail/Outlook.com — Click "Options." Under "Junk email," click "Safe and blocked senders." Click "Safe senders." Add planetfriendly.net and goodwork.ca to the list.
- Other email systems — we recommend one or more of the following:
• Add email@example.com to your contact list or address book
• Check your email settings/options for "allowed senders," "whitelist," etc., and add firstname.lastname@example.org where appropriate
• Set up a filter that will automatically send incoming mail from email@example.com to your inbox
Hotmail or Outlook.com problems?
Do you use Hotmail, Windows Live or Outlook.com? Are you having problems subscribing or not receiving all messages? Consider switching to just about any other e-mail system. For example Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, your ISP account at home, or your school or
work account. There are many other e-mail providers.