We're looking for enthusiastic volunteer educators to join the Fraser River Discovery Centre (FRDC)! We offer education programs to school groups, from grades K to 12. You'll engage with learners of all ages and help inspire stewards of the river through our interactive programs. You’ll also be part of the education team, who work together to evaluate programs, adjust in response to feedback, and develop new programs that align with the BC curriculum.
This volunteer position is ideal for a retired educator, a post-secondary student interested in becoming a teacher, or someone passionate about science communication and environmental education!
• Minimum 8 hours per week during the school year.
• Please commit to at least one year of consistent volunteering.
• Regular check-ins with Education Manager.
• Deliver FRDC school programs in a fun and engaging manner.
• Facilitate activities for children, including birthday parties.
• Engage visitors in the discovery of the Fraser River through interpretation of the Centre’s exhibits.
• Maintain the FRDC’s high standard of professional educational and public programming and customer service.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Self-driven and innovative.
• Demonstrated experiencing working with youth.
• Long-term interest in education.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Confident presentation and public speaking skills.
• Ability to develop rapport with learners of all ages.
• Creative problem-solving skills.
• Collaborative team member.
Nice to have:
• Experience with classroom management.
• Understanding of BC curriculum.
• Experience developing learning activities
Email resume AND cover letter to email@example.com .
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.
We encourage people of all backgrounds, identities, and abilities to apply. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Note: The above is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now. Date posted: Oct 12 2023 ID: 69233