Welcome to Kids In the Woods Initiative—K.I.W.I., a nonprofit organization providing beneficial outdoor nature experience programs for children ages 4- 11. Our goal is to reconnect kids to nature through adventure-play and mentoring in Toronto’s beautiful Rouge National Urban Park!
We are currently recruiting volunteers for our 2022 Summer Camp season. Summer Camp runs (Monday — Friday)
All applicants must be at least 16 years old.
Your Role: Assist staff with the delivery of our outdoor programs You will be interacting directly with the children enrolled in our program.
Location: Rouge National Urban Park (near Toronto Zoo)
Summer Camp Program Dates:
K.I.W.I is an outdoor nature experience program and all of our programming is conducted entirely outdoors, so we are looking for individuals who can adapt to all kinds of weather.
How to Apply?
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit us: kidsinthewoodsinitiative.org
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork. Thank you for your interest.
Organizations & resources
* Take Me Outside https://takemeoutside.ca/
* Child and Nature Alliance https://www.childnature.ca
* Outdoor educators of Ontario https://www.coeo.org/
* Ontario society for environmental education https://osee.ca/
* EECOM https://eecom.org/
* Outdoor Education, Environmental Education - orgs, schools, links, resources
More orgs., schools: http://www.planetfriendly.net/learn.html#ee
* Early childhood education (ECE)
* Nature Deficit Disorder - "a range of current child health issues arising from a lifestyle that focuses on screen time rather than outdoor exploration"
* Last Child in the Woods
Richard Louv https://richardlouv.com/
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now. Date posted: May 1 2022 ID: 43604