Position: Wildlife Education Intern
Type: volunteer, training provided
Organization: WILDNorth (formerly the Wildlife Rehabilitation Society of Edmonton)
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
WILDNorth is seeking enthusiastic people who love wildlife, the outdoors, have a strong desire to learn, and work well independently and with a team, to assist us in teaching the next generation about the importance of wildlife in the community!
WILDNorth is looking for interns to assist with the WILDEd Program by teaching elementary aged students.
Personal Qualities: Dedicated individual who is committed towards helping a great cause.
Qualifications and Requirements:
1) Police Information Check including Vulnerable Persons prior to start date
2) Experience with children
3) Experience with outdoor activities (camping, hiking, building fires, etc.)
4) Understanding of WILDNorth programs and services
1) First Aid
2) Childcare Certification
3) Experience with running children’s camps and facilitating presentations
4) Knowledgeable in science and nature topics (i.e. Wildlife Identification)
5) Access to a vehicle
Reports to: WILDEd Manager and Main Instructors at Camp
Benefits of Interning:
1) Raising awareness and providing effective public education
2) Resume Building
4) Certificate of Internship upon completion
5) Personal satisfaction
Age Requirement: Must be 18 years of age or older *Some preference may be given to those who are 21 years or older.
1. FILL in this application form
2. Answer ALL QUESTIONS
3. Gather all your curriculum vitae (resume)
4. Respond to the confirmation email with your resume/CV and references.
5. All correspondence MUST be via email.
6. NOTE: You will only be contacted IF you were selected for an interview no later than May 1. Please understand that we are terribly busy. Be patient.
7. DO NOT CALL OUR HOTLINE. This is for wildlife calls ONLY. The internship program coordinator works at another office.
WILDNorth’s staff thanks you for your interest in our volunteer internship program. All successful applicants will go through an application, screening, and interview process followed by orientation, in class training and onsite training.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Work with animals
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now. Date posted: Feb 11 2019 ID: 51208