Home | Job Postings | Volunteer
Friends of the Forest
Position: Urban Forestry Leader
Organization: City of Surrey
Location: Surrey, Greater Vancouver BC
As an Urban Forestry Leader, you will:
- Receive training and experience in plant identification, ecological restoration, and nature interpretation
- Develop confidence in public speaking and leadership skills by providing group instruction and supervision
- Gain experience and networking opportunities in nature interpretation and urban forestry
Urban Forestry Leaders help in many ways:
- Provide support to staff and volunteers at park stewardship events including invasive plant removals, tree planting, and tree well care
- Demonstrate safe and proper techniques to other volunteers
- Help staff with event set-up and take-down
Step 1 – Eligibility
- 18 years or older
- Able to volunteer a minimum of once per month for one year
- Comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions
- Able to travel to parks throughout Surrey
- Able to attend 3 mandatory training sessions:
- March 10, 2020 - evening
- March 21. 2020 - morning
- April 4, 2020 - morning or afternoon
Step 2 - Application Process
- Fill out an online application
- Submit 2 references
- Attend an interview
- Submit a Police Information Check (free for volunteers)
Step 3 – Volunteer
- Once steps 1 and 2 are complete, we will contact you to register for training
- All Urban Forestry Leaders must complete three mandatory training sessions.
- March 10 - evening
- March 21 - morning
- April 4 - morning or afternoon
How to Apply
Click here to fill out an application and create a MyImpactPage volunteer profile.
Questions? Contact Lauren.Crosbie@surrey.ca or call 604.590.7242
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Dec 16 2019