Home | Job Postings | Volunteer
Position: CEO, Green Party Electoral District Association (Oakville)
Organization: Green Party of Oakville
Location: Oakville, GTA/Halton Region, Ontario
The Oakville Green Party (of Canada) is organized into two groups:
- The electoral district association (EDA) is the central organizing group for a party in each riding.
- It keeps the party going between elections.
- The two necessary positions in an EDA are the CEO and the Financial Agent. These are elected at the EDA’s annual general meeting.
- The Campaign Team – helps the candidate prepare and campaign during the election period. Includes not only the candidate, but also campaign manager, etc
The Oakville Green Party (of Canada) has an immediate opening for a CEO.
Job Description: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
The CEO of an EDA is the person responsible for the direction of the EDA, in addition to the following:
- To ensure that every member has an equal voice in the direction of the EDA.
- To act as the point of contact with Elections Canada (EC) and the Green Party staff (GPC).
- To verify that meetings, nomination contests, and votes take place fairly, and that the local membership is aware of these events and procedures.
- To ensure that all deadlines for filing reports, financial returns and updates with Elections Canada and the Green Party of Canada are met. (Failure to meet the requirements results in deregistration of the EDA by Elections Canada or the GPC).
Further responsibilities of a CEO include:
- Within 6 months of registration, file the assets and liabilities form with Elections Canada.
- By May 31st of every year, update or confirm the registry of associations with EC.
- Within 30 days of a change of officers, the CEO must update the registry of associations with Elections Canada with details of the new executives and removal of old ones.
- Within 7 days of a change of officers, the CEO must submit meeting minutes reflecting the change with the details of all officers added or removed from the EDA to the GPC organizer.
- The CEO must confirm that at least one member of the executive has access, and is qualified, to use GVote: the party’s official national database.
- Within 30 days of the selection date, file a nomination contest report with EC.
- Annually call an AGM of the association to select a new executive.
- Facilitate and call meetings to order while ensuring the agenda is followed and the relevant details of the meeting are recorded in the minutes.
- Formulate, distribute, and make changes to meeting agendas.
- Ensure that all executive members have current memberships.
The CEO should expect to volunteer (on average) four hours a month.
Please contact email@example.com
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Sep 16 2019