The Burns Bog Conservation Society is looking for volunteers for a new Bog Escape Halloween event. Bog Escape is BC’s only outdoor escape room. It is an outreach and fundraising event put on by the Burns Bog Conservation Society. We expect over 500 people to attend this event.
This unique volunteer opportunity will have you guiding members of the public through an outdoor escape room course, which will be set up in the Delta Nature Reserve.
Make sure to bring weather appropriate gear as this event runs in all weather!
Your duties and shifts may include the following:
• Helping with the opening festival – on October 17th
• Guiding members of the public through the event, including score cards and timing
• Resetting the puzzles after they are solved.
• Early afternoon shift: Assisting with the event set up. This includes setting up the puzzles and Welcome Station.
• Late night shift: Assisting with the puzzle and Welcome Station set down.
This event runs from October 17th to 21st and October 25th to 29th. Choose your shift from between these volunteer hours: 3:00pm to 12:00am.
Skills you will learn include:
• Customer Service experience
• Event running and support
• Experience with dealing with the public
• Radio (walkie talkie) etiquette training
• Logistics and Troubleshooting
Upon your request, a Volunteer Certificate with hours worked will be emailed to you.
Hope to see you at Bog Escape: Howloween Ball!!
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
*Note: The e-mail address above has been masked to help prevent spam. Please copy the address and replace “mask” with @ .
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
GoodWork ID: 42437 Date posted to GoodWork.ca: Aug 31 2017