Home | Job Postings | Volunteer
Organization: Administrators of Volunteer Resources BC (AVRBC)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
AVRBC is looking for a Treasurer whose role is to monitor the financial activities of the Association.
- a) Ensures that complete and accurate records are kept of all of the Association ’s financial matters in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices;
- b) Ensures that all monies paid to the Association are deposited in a chartered bank, treasury branch or trust company chosen by the Board;
- c) Is the custodian of all funds, disbursing them as directed by the Association ;
- d) Acts as a signing authority for the Association as approved in the By-law or by resolution of the Board;
- e) Provides the Board, at every meeting or as required, a report of all financial transactions and of the financial position of the Association ;
- f) Oversees the formation of the annual budget;
- g) Is a member of the Executive Committee;
- h) Chairs the Finance Committee;
- i) Carries out other duties assigned by the Association or the Board of Directors or the President
- j) Supports all board committees as Treasurer
The position requires about 20 hours per month for the duration of a year, starting May 13, 2017
- Financial background (preferably a combination of education and experience) and knowledge of
- Excellent communications skills
- Organized with good attention to detail
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Knowledge of QuickBooks desired
- Accountable and reliable, able to work collaboratively in a virtual space/ environment
- Supports and advocates the importance of sound financial management in the administration of volunteer resources
- Raise your professional profile by contributing to BC's professional organization for administrators of volunteer resources
- Gain board leadership experience
- Advance the importance of sound financial management in the not-for-profit sector
- Learn new skills and share your expertise with others
Mileage and board related expenses will be reimbursed.
To apply for this position: Email the Vice-President at:
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
*Note: The e-mail address above has been masked to help prevent spam. Please copy the address and replace “mask” with @ .
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
GoodWork ID: 38877
Date posted to GoodWork.ca: Mar 11 2017