Home | Job Postings | Climate Change
CLIMATE ACTION OPPORTUNITIES
Volunteer Role: Host for a "Kitchen Table Climate Conversation" (KTCC)
Location: Toronto/GTA, Ontario
ClimateFast is launching an initiative entitled Kitchen Table Climate Conversations (or KTCCs, for short) that will get people talking about, and motivated around the climate crisis. In particular, raising awareness leading up to the next Ontario election in 2023 is important. We are looking for volunteers to participate in this process.
Details of Hosting
- partner with a trained facilitator (who will help lead the meeting) and a trained tech operator.
- invite 6 to 8 people to the ‘table’ (e.g., co-workers, colleagues, friends, family, neighbours, members of groups you belong to).
- gather information about your group to identify their interests and knowledge level if needed. This can be done informally, by asking a few general questions or in a preliminary zoom meeting. Sample questions: what do you know about how climate change works? Are you currently involved in any climate justice action? What are you most interested in discussing about the environment?
- work with the facilitator to identify resources that would help with discussion and plan the session.
- attend at least one overall planning meeting of the KTCC committee (if possible) to get a sense of the bigger picture. You are welcome and encouraged to attend more if you feel you want to be a part of the ongoing planning and/or host/facilitate/provide tech support regularly.
- You will become more confident talking about the climate crisis.
- You will expand your climate crisis network
- You will spread awareness of the need for a livable future for all.
- You will use and develop many skills including: communicating orally and in written form, researching, facilitating, and operating Zoom.
- The KTCC Meeting – 1 -2 hours
- Preparation – approx. 3 hours leading up to the KTCC
- Debrief with facilitator – 30 min.
- Additional optional hours – Joining the KTCC team. Attending 1-2 hour KTCC planning meetings weekly/biweekly. Hosting and/or facilitating ongoing. (varies)
To apply, please e-mail your resume and a brief covering letter to:
subject: "Host for KTCC"
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Jan 13 2021