Home | Job Postings | Volunteer
Various Positions: Research Assistant, Program Assistant, Communication Assistant, Graphic Artist, Social Media Specialist, Photographer/Videographer
Organization: Ripple Coast Society
Location: Vancouver, BC
Come join our team! Ripple Coast Society is an environmental education organization dedicated to helping create a passion for the environment through hands-on learning and inspiring experiences. We aim to connect people with their natural environment through play, understanding and physical contact with BC's local coastal environment. We are looking for volunteers to contribute in various ways and positions:
- Responsibilities include researching and organizing material related to the preparation and development of our education programs. This may involve creating databases and resources, researching background information, administrative support, representing organization at events, and making contacts.
- Qualifications: Strong research, organization and communication skills an asset.
- Assists in educational camps and programs to schools, families and the general public. Duties include set-up and take-down of equipment, supervising activities, leading games, and the overall functioning of programs as required.
- Qualifications: None.Experience working with kids in an outdoor setting an asset.
- Assists in creating clear and compelling newsletters and campaigns aimed at showcasing our work and programs.
- Qualifications: Strong social media and written communication skills. Experience with online marketing programs an asset.
- Assists with creating visually stimulating graphic art for campaigns, newsletters, posters and all other print or online material as needed.
- Qualifications: Experience with graphic design and Microsoft Office (i.e. Photoshop, In-Design, Illustrator).
Social Media Specialist
- Updates social media sites highlighting current work, special notifications, and interesting and relevant news stories and articles.
- Qualifications: Experience using social media (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Hootesuite, etc.)
- Captures high quality photography and/or video of BC's nature and wildlife, programs and/or special events.
- Qualifications: High resolution camera and photography skills an asset.
To apply please visit and fill out an application form:
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Jul 18 2019