Position: Environmental Education Research Assistant
Organization: Ripple Coast Society
Location: Metro Vancouver & Vancouver Island, British Columbia
Ripple Coast Society is an environmental non-profit organization helping people understand and connect with British Columbia's coastal environment and its threats.
Looking for a reliable research assistant(s) to help with development logistics of a growing non-profit organization. Flexible schedule and can work remotely.
- researching and creating material related to the preparation of our education programs
- Networking and creating databases of contacts
- potentially assisting in educational programs outdoors or in-class
- ambassador for environmental conservation and stewardship
What you gain from the experience:
- working for an environmental non-profit
- researching and networking skills
- project coordinating and communication skills
- greater understanding of BC's ecosystems, wildlife and current conservation issues
- being a part of a dynamic and growing team
- strong organization and communication skills
- strong research skills
- resourceful and good networking skills
- good computer and social media skills
- a background on local British Columbia ecosystems and wildlife
- understanding of threats and conservation issues of BC an asset
About the organization:
We are a new educational non-profit organization focusing on British Columbia's coastal environment and its threats. Our goal is to connect people to the local environment through hands-on experiences in nature. Programs include forest bathing, in-class workshops, and hands-on nature programs in local ecosystems.
This is a volunteer position that is flexible and can be done remotely. You will gain excellent experience to build your resume.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume stating the reason you would like to volunteer for this position:
subject: education research assistant
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
*Email: The e-mail address above has been masked to prevent spam. Please copy the address or type it manually, add the @ sign, remove “mask” and any spaces.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
GoodWork ID: 37770 Date posted to GoodWork.ca: Sep 30 2017