Home | Job Postings | Conservation Jobs
Positions: Fieldwork and/or Online Volunteer positions
Organization: Escarpment Biosphere Conservancy
Location: Toronto / Niagara Escarpment, Ontario
Function of position: This position contributes to the strategic conservation objectives including determining ecosystem composition, improving the site inventories and ecological classification of our nature reserves, while building a more robust community network for the protection of natural systems
We need volunteers to complete the following tasks:
- Assist during the field (and desktop) research and biological inventories (inc. species at risk), Flora and Fauna ID
- Assist with Grant Writing
- Trail building
- Invasive species control
- Online research
- Building Community
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems, fish and wildlife and habitat requirements, Flora and Fauna ID skills, Ecological Land Classification knowledge (not mandatory)
- Strong analytical and communication skills, including the ability to write clear and accurate reports (not mandatory)
- Interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Outdoor enthusiastic
- Specify if you have a biology/environmental background
EBC's mission is:
- to establish, maintain and manage a system of nature reserves in the area of the Niagara Escarpment (including the Niagara Escarpment World Biosphere Reserve), including the maintenance of physical features of scientific and/or ecological, cultural, historic or scenic interest; to maintain, enhance or restore areas of native species or natural habitat and; to encourage and support scientific research and educational services related thereto
- to educate the public about conservation and preservation of the landscape, ecology and wildlife of the Niagara Escarpment, partly through providing low impact, ecologically sustainable recreational opportunities, which complement and do not substantially conflict with our primary objective.
- EBC is the largest Ontario focussed land trust with 184 nature reserves on 14758 acres with 63 species at risk and sequestering over 70,000 tonnes of carbon each year, 18 ½ kms of Lake Huron shore, over 80 kms. of trails and used by over 25,000 hikers every year.
If interested, please send an email to: email@example.com and tell me a little bit about you and your interests
Subject: Fieldwork and/or Online Volunteer
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Apr 7 2021