Position: Director, Board of Directors
Type: board position, unpaid
Organization: Impact Zero Corp.
Location: living in Canada, GTA is preferred
Impact Zero is building the circular economy in Toronto alongside small businesses across Canada. We are charting the pathway to a circular economy by pioneering projects on the ground alongside Canada’s small business community.
Our main programming includes our Impact Zero Network and Impact Project Accelerator which connects circular economy entrepreneurs to each other and to the necessary resources in order to build rapidly scalable circular solutions.
After launching in February 2020, Impact Zero is now moving into a growth phase. To achieve our 2021 operational and fundraising goals, we are looking to add specific expertise and experience to our Board of Directors.
We are looking for individuals who with the following skill sets:
- Fundraising by securing grants, corporate sponsors, and running public fundraising campaigns
- Securing Partnerships with relevant community and corporate stakeholders
- Legal Experience ideally within the non-profit sector
- Governance & Oversight
- Legal, fiscal and moral responsibility, including:
- Be familiar with our budget and take an active part in the budget planning process.
- Know and approve all policies and programs and oversee their implementation.
- Take responsibility for making decisions on organization issues and board matters.
- Keep up-to-date on the business of the organization.
- Excuse myself from discussions, decisions and votes where I may have a conflict of interest.
- Active participation in fundraising activities, including possibly working towards an individual fundraising target.
- Attendance at Board meetings. Should I be unable to attend a meeting, I will, if needed, be available for telephone or email consultation after the meeting. Additionally, I will serve on at least one board committee if asked to do so.
- Interpret the organization’s work and values to the community, represent Impact Zero and and serve as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Working in good faith with my fellow board members and staff toward the achievement of the organization’s goals.
- Maintain total confidentiality of any proprietary or non-public information discussed during the Board of Directors meetings or other conversations with the Executive Director or Board of Directors members. If I do wish to discuss proprietary or non-public information, I will receive verbal or written approval from the Executive Director or Board Chair.
- Directors who hold committee chair positions must fulfil additional duties and accountabilities (as described in their role description).
Who is Eligible?
- Individuals over the age of 18
- Individuals who have not been found under the Substitute Decisions Act, 1992 or under the Mental Health Act to be incapable of managing property or who has been found to be incapable by a court in Canada or elsewhere
- Individuals who are not bankrupt
- Individuals living in Canada, GTA is preferred
Application & Selection Process
- Individuals may apply by filling out the Board of Directors Application Form below and submitting it to the Chair of the Board by the application deadline
- The Governance Committee will review applications and select candidates for interviews with the Executive Director and Board Chair
- The outgoing board will deliberate qualified candidates and hold the election at the Annual General Meeting
Learn more and apply here: https://impactzero.ca/board-of-directors-application
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.