Home | Job Postings | Volunteer
Position: Administrative Assistant
Organization: Science Borealis
Location: anywhere in Canada
Science Borealis is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant
Join Canada’s fastest growing online science community! As an all-volunteer organization, we are always looking for new enthusiastic team members!
Our values: curiosity, engagement and collaboration
The volunteer Administrative Assistant will provide coordination and administrative support to the Science Borealis leadership team and Board of Directors. This is a great opportunity for an eager and organized self-starter to develop and/or improve organizational management and administrative processes and ensure that key initiatives are running on schedule.
- Maintain the organization’s annual calendar of activities including Core team and Board meetings, annual reporting, financial audits, AGM, etc.
- Own the organization’s strategic plan roadmap, helping each strategic team to work towards and report on success against their team’s delivery against the strategy
- Schedule and attend monthly virtual Core team meetings , circulate the agenda and take meeting minutes
- Schedule and attend monthly virtual Board meetings take meeting minutes
- Prepare and review organizational documents and records as well as
- Prepare official organizational email correspondence to our membership
- File, organize and maintain shared files using Dropbox
- Support the coordination of the Annual General Meeting (AGM) including drafting of the annual report and Board election balloting process
- Create and format promotional an in-house materials for circulation
- Research and assist with the application for grant programs
- Work on special projects including delivery against the strategic plan, migration to a new online document repository and sharing platform, seeking out new innovative ways to virtually connect, simplifying and streamlining administrative activities, etc.
- Seek out and lead continuous improvement activities annually
- At least two (3) years’ experience in a coordination and/or administrative role
- Excellent written communications skills in English
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Self-directed, proactive
- Willingness / ability to monitor our Slack workspace regularly
- Proficient in MS Word, Google Docs & Sheets, GmailFamiliarity with DropBox is an asset
- Experience with Wordpress is an asset
- Bilingual (English-French) is an asset
- Up to five (5) hours per month, including the commitment to attend a one (1) hour team meeting via teleconference
- One (1) year, with opportunity for renewal
Why volunteer with us?
- Career development opportunities. Learn new skills through real-world training with experienced, professional mentors – leading to results!
- Expand your professional network. Collaborating with a diverse group of volunteers and stakeholders will increase your connections in the Canadian science community and possibly lead to new opportunities in the future!
- Get involved on your schedule! All of our positions are remote and most require a commitment of 1-3 hours per week on average.
- Elevate your resume. Volunteer experience looks great to potential employers and sets you apart from the competition! We will also provide you with a professional reference if you have volunteered with us for at least 6 months.
- Make an impact! It gives you the opportunity to be a part of something bigger than yourself and help raise awareness of fact-based, informed science to Canadians.
Please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Early applications are welcome!
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Aug 30 2020