Home | Job Postings
CONSERVATION KLONDIKE SOCIETY (CKS)
Position: Sorter, Recyclable Materials (NOC 9619)
Organization: Conservation Klondike Society
Location: Dawson City, Yukon Territory
Wages: $20 per hour
Hours: 35hours per week year round employee
- Knowledge/experience in sourcing raw materials
- College degree
- Environmental commitment
- Knowledge of recycling operations or a willingness to learn
- Knowledge of safe work practices and handling special waste
- Experience in working with/for a non-profit organization
- Ability to lift and move heavy loads
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public
- Self-motivated, reliable and able to work with limited supervision
- Experience in cash handling
- Dependable and flexible
- Must have valid drivers’ license
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sorting, shipping and receiving recyclables.
- Researching processors of raw materials
- Assisting coordinator in operations and public outreach and education.
- Handling cash and dispensing refunds.
- Ensuring general upkeep and maintenance of Recycling Depot.
- Driving standard truck to pick up paper recycling from businesses
- Assisting and directing customers to appropriate recycling stations.
- Educating depot users on recycling.
- Maintaining public relations.
- Recording statistics on donations of recyclables
- Assessing public feedback to operations.
- Liaising between the users and the Conservation Klondike Society (CKS).
- Other miscellaneous duties as required.
Please email a resume and cover letter to:
or drop it off at Klondike Outreach.
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Jul 25 2019