Our continued growth requires multiple outdoor education & adventure specialists who desire career positions (6 month annual season) with an industry leader. Founded in 1996, Algonquin Adventure Tours specializes in providing Algonquin Provincial Park educational adventures and guide services to travellers from around the world.
• Advanced canoe & wilderness survival skills
• Adaptable, flexible and reliable
• Advanced knowledge of the natural history, flora and fauna of the area is very important.
• A sunny and outgoing personality
• Strong work ethic (hard work in possibly extreme weather, with many insects, is not for all)
• Ability to lift/carry 65+ pounds
• Outdoors card, fishing permit, pleasure craft operators card, food handler certification and current first aid
• Paddling & camping gear/clothing for 3 seasons
• Must enjoy living in a rural setting
• Military experience, additional languages and campfire music skills are a plus
• Experience with children and/or a related school degree is a plus
• Non tobacco smoker (boss is a cancer survivor)
• Guide day and multiday canoe/bicycle/hiking/fishing trips
• Provide safe, educational and fun experiences
• Protect AAT gear from abuse/accident
• Set up, take down, clean, pack and maintain all equipment
• Food preparation, service and cleaning
• Represent Algonquin Adventure Tours in a professional manner at all times (i.e. uniform, grooming & language)
• Other duties as assigned
• May 8 (Sept 4) - October 8; Exact work dates vary based on bookings & performance.
• Hourly base + generous bonuses + tips + ESA contribution (EI, vacation pay) - $10,000-$18,000 per season
• Meals on trips, extensive training and the latest trade tools
• Awesome accommodations at our farm in Dwight
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining why you would be an asset to this growing company.
Subject line: AAT Careers 2017.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
*Note: The e-mail address above has been masked to help prevent spam. Please copy the address and replace “mask” with @ .
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
GoodWork ID: 38381 Date posted to GoodWork.ca: Apr 20 2017