Home | Job Postings
JOB POSTING / INTERNSHIP
Position: Website and Database Developer
Organization: reThink Green
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Position: 1 year contract
Start Date: August 8th 2017
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: $35,000 annually.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Website and Database Developer will use the online platform NationBuilder to set up websites and contact databases for non-profit groups and train them how to use it. You are a skilled programmer, passionate about website design and delivering hands on training. You an energetic team player and an innovative self-starter with a passion for the environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and recruit new organizations for the project and asses their suitability for participation.
- Design websites and set up databases on NationBuilder for non-profit groups.
- Migrate content from existing websites into NationBuilder.
- Import contacts into the NationBuilder database.
- Train volunteers and staff of participating organizations to use NationBuilder effectively and build their capacity to operate independently.
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support online, over the phone and/or in person.
- Assist in encouraging innovation and collaboration between the member groups.
- Assist in tracking metrics and monitoring the impact of the project.
Education and Experience
- A college or university degree, preferably in web development and design.
- Experience in web programming and development, preferably on several different platforms, and social media technologies.
- Experience in delivering hands-on training preferably to adults and professionals and in the computer field.
- Experience in working in a customer service environment preferably in a computer or telecommunications helpdesk context.
- Experience organizing events, working with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, working within a non-profit organization, and basic data analysis are assets.
- Leadership Skills: Ability to plan, strategize, set goals, develop work plans, work efficiently and track progress. Strong ability to work independently. Ability to manage multiple projects and to explore new ideas and create new opportunities within the context of the project. Ability to make decisions and resolve problems.
- Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills (oral and written); ability to deliver training in a one-on-one context or in a group; bilingualism is a significant asset.
- Interpersonal Skills: Establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of clients to meet or exceed their expectations. Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions.
- Adaptability: Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and adapt to a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Ability to learn new technologies and master new skills.
- Environmental Knowledge: Current knowledge of key environmental issues. Continued interest in learning and expanding knowledge of the Greater Sudbury environmental community.
Must have graduated with the degree, diploma or certificate within the last 3 years. This position must be the first employment in the candidate’s field of study. Candidates must not have previously participated in an internship program through the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation.
Interviews begin July 24th 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
Send cover letter and resume to:
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
*Note: The e-mail address above has been masked to help prevent spam. Please copy the address and replace “mask” with @ .
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
GoodWork ID: 41215
Date posted to GoodWork.ca: Jul 5 2017