Home | Job Postings | Energy Jobs
VICTORIA BC JOBS
Position: Home Energy Retrofit Survey Analyst
Employer: City Green
Location: Victoria, BC
Start date: October 2021
This is a short-term position to assist City Green with various tasks to support Phase Two of an Oil Household Survey, including but not limited to:
- Conduct door-to-door surveys of homes to identify oil heated homes.
- Provide electronic/print communications materials including retrofit education and rebate opportunities to the homeowners.
- All appropriate information (as per applicable information privacy laws) will be entered into a database for tracking, mapping and reporting purposes to track finding from surveys.
- Data analysis of collected data, including mapping, and creating a draft final report.
Qualifications (Skills, Experience, Personality)
- Outgoing, friendly and approachable personality.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and telephone) is a requirement.
- Ability and willingness to talk with residents in person in straightforward language.
- Client services and canvassing experience is an asset, but not a requirement.
- Being flexible and motivated is a requirement.
- Ability to be self-directed, think-on-your-feet, teach yourself how to complete tasks and address challenges and issues as they arise.
- Ability and interest to learn details about energy efficiency incentives.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with energy efficiency, building construction, and/or building science is an asset, but not a requirement.
- Experience with MS office suite including strong MS excel skills.
- Experience with reporting findings or research and surveys is an asset.
- Start Date: as soon as the right candidate is available
- Full/part-time: flexible work hours although surveys must be done during daylight hours.
- Compensation: $22/hour for approximately 120 hours of work.
- Location: Door-to-door survey will be conducted in targeted neighbourhoods within the City of Victoria. Office work in Downtown Victoria office, close to public transit and indoor and outdoor bike lock-up.
- Training: Job training provided including building science and client services training.
- Work Environment: City Green offers a casual and flexible (but fast paced) work environment and an opportunity to help shape and grow a dynamic energy/GHG reduction focused social enterprise.
- The contract timeline will be between September/October start date and December 2021.
- Options for job-sharing available if two individuals are available part time and would like to work parallel.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can submit cover letter and resume (in one attachment) via email to email@example.com as soon as possible. Early applications are encouraged. While we truly appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or walk-in applications please.
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.
About City Green
City Green Solutions is an enterprising non-profit organization with a mission to excite, inspire and lead British Columbians in finding energy and GHG reduction solutions. We provide home energy efficiency evaluations; energy efficiency program design and delivery; education and training services; and research and strategy development for the reduction of building energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Sep 9 2021