Position: Urban Farmer/Gardener
Eligibility: age 30 or younger (see below)
Company: Eden Project
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Seeking Experienced Farmer/Gardener to join our small company and manage the weekly operation of our urban farming branch. We have great opportunities to expand our urban farming business with the right candidate. 50%+/- of the position also involves cosmetic landscape maintenance (lawns and gardens). Must be in good shape and enjoy physical labour in addition to your other duties. Snow Removal Work available in winter.
6 to 12 week Student Coop Positions also available (must be actively enrolled at a Canadian Institution).
Eden Project is a small garden and landscaping company focused on quality customer service and organic and natural approaches to landscape management. We also operate several small scale urban farms and sell our produce right here in Calgary.
Urban Farming Duties May Include
Landscaping Duties May Include
Additional Assets (helpful but not required):
Please note that this program may be partially funded by the government of Canada for eligible applicants.
We offer attractive compensation rates for the right candidate who is committed to expanding the urban agriculture side of the business and exploring other initiatives within the company.
Job Type: Full-time and student Coop positions available. Part time will be considered for committed applicants. Note: there is seasonality variability to this position, winter is typically less than full time hours.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a copy of your resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (Attention: Adam)
In your appplication please answer the following questions:
1. What is your experience in landscaping, farming/gardening or any relevant areas?
2. What is your expected availability (autumn, winter, next summer). How long and how many hours are you looking to work? Do you have any other commitments?
3. What are your short and long term career plans? What are your wage expectations?
4. What is your age and education? Please include fields of study, completion status and current enrollment status. Please indicate in the subject of your email if you are applying for the Student Coop Position.
5. Do you have a Class 5 driver's licence and a good driving record? Do you have a vehicle that could potentially be used for work purposes (e.g. delivering produce or travelling to work sites)
6. Are you comfortable with physical labour? Would you be interested in snow removal work this winter?
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Jobs & internships growing food
Eco-friendly gardening & landscaping jobs
Sustainable landscaping/gardening tips & resources
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now. Date posted: Sep 2 2020 ID: 57379