Term: May 4 - August 21, 2020
Hours: 40 hours/week, Wednesday - Sunday, with some evening work
About Surrey’s Natural Areas Partnership:
Surrey’s Natural Areas Partnership (SNAP) is a unique partnership between three local non-profit organizations and the City of Surrey. SNAP’s goals are to restore and enhance Surrey’s urban forest; to promote environmental stewardship; and to empower youth as future leaders in environmental conservation.
The Urban Forest Outreach Team Leader will lead a team of staff to implement public outreach projects (e.g. park hosting and roving, canvassing, and attending community events) in Surrey parks and neighbourhoods, under the direction of the SNAP Program Coordinator. This is a field-based position.
• Assist with the supervision, scheduling, training and evaluation of team members
• Communicate with the public as an ambassador of SNAP and our partner organizations
• Ensure work is completed in a safe and efficient manner
• Maintain accurate daily records, track project deliverables, provide progress reports to supervisors, and write a final report
• Assist in the creation and implementation of SNAP media, advertising and marketing
• Other related duties as required
• Some post-secondary study in a related field such as education, urban forestry, or environmental studies
• Supervisory and/or leadership experience
• Experience in a communications or educational role (preferably in an environmental organization)
• Strong public relations, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Knowledge of ecological principles
• Demonstrated willingness and ability to perform repetitive work in all weather conditions
• Valid Class 5 BC driver’s licence with a safe driving history, and willingness to submit a driver’s abstract
• Valid level 1 First Aid certification (or willingness to obtain prior to the start of employment)
• Completion of a Police Information Check will be required as a condition of employment
• As a condition of pending Canada Summer Jobs program funding (note, these criteria are subject to change):
• Fluency in additional languages, particularly Punjabi, is an asset
• Submit a cover letter expressing why you are interested in the position and how you meet our required qualifications
• Submit a resume that clearly outlines your relevant work and volunteer experience
• Ensure the subject line of your email reads “Urban Forest Outreach Team Leader - [first and last name]”
• Send your application to: email@example.com by February 2, 2020
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information on the SNAP program, please visit our website: http://www.surreysnaturalareaspartnership.com
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now. Date posted: Dec 20 2019 ID: 55433