Home | Job Postings | Gardening Jobs | Sustainability
Position: Propagation Supervisor
Employer: Sheridan Nurseries
Location: Norval, Halton Hills, GTA, Ontario
Sheridan Nurseries Norval Farm is actively searching for a:
Permanent, Full Time
About the Job
The Propagation Supervisor is responsible for executing the woody plant propagation program and working to ensure that all young plants are grown to our high quality standards in the most economical, efficient and environmentally friendly manner. This is a working supervisor position and the Propagation Supervisor should set an example for productivity, efficiency and attitude for the department.
- Ensure young plants are produced to the highest standards, from cutting to rooted liner, by setting and controlling the ideal growing conditions
- Coordinate crew activities, ensuring staff work safely and effectively to fulfill program requirements in an efficient manner
- Supervise and provide direction to up to 20 employees working in greenhouse growing, cuttings collection, and sticking
- Liaise with other growers on site, inventory and sales personnel, and maintenance staff
- Liaise with appropriate industry representatives, attend tours, shows and educational events
- On-call duties required while crops are in active propagation
- Strong leadership, organization and communication skills required to thrive in this fast-paced environment
- Ability to think analytically, and use critical thinking to make decisions
- College or University certificate, or equivalent training in horticulture is required
- 3+ years in a nursery propagation setting, especially in a supervisory role, is required
- Valid Ontario Exterminator’s (Structural) license required
- Valid ‘G’ class driver’s license required
- First Aid/CPR certification is an asset
- Experience using Argus, or other greenhouse climate control system, is an asset
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and perform hands-on work in a variety of different weather conditions
Click here to apply.
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If selected, please advise if you require special accommodation to attend the interview.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Mar 26 2021