Home | Job Postings
Organization: Tír na nÓg Forest School
Location: Saint John, New Brunswick
Tír na nÓg Forest School is a play-based, all-outdoors, all-weather outdoor preschool and Elementary program. We are seeking adventurous and enthusiastic educators to join our team. Our program’s philosophy is inspired by the belief that all young children have the innate capacity to wonder, create, and develop their gifts through self-directed play and time in nature. We offer a full-day Elementary program Monday through Friday and a 4 day per week Pre-School Program (Monday through Thursday).
- Bachelor of Education degree (elementary) and/ or Early Childhood Learning Certification
- Experience working with young children and experience working in an outdoor setting
- Physically capable of performing teaching duties with enthusiasm regardless of the weather (rain, sleet, snow, heat) including the ability to walk distances and over uneven terrain, carry a backpack and supplies
- Interest in the Waldorf, Reggio Emilia, or Waldkindergarten approaches to early childhood education, and an appreciation for emergent learning philosophies
- Understanding of the benefits of risk taking, movement, and physical development in the early years
- Familiarity with the local flora and fauna, to include poisonous plants and their location, or be willing to seek outside training or self-study
- Interest in learning about and improving upon your outdoor skills including knots, shelter building, self-care/appropriate clothing, leave-no-trace practices and interacting with local wildlife
- Current First Aid with CPR-C (or able to complete prior to start date)
- Clear criminal record check, vulnerable sector check and social development check
- Researching, planning and implementing a dynamic Forest School program
- Ensure the safety of all children including, but not limited to, forest play, hiking, climbing trees or while in close proximity to such things as standing water, streams and other terrain
- Daily preparation of learning areas and materials
- Responsible for the maintenance of program tools and equipment
- Willingness to attend staff trainings, educator meetings, parent meetings and Forest School related events
- Communicate with parents effectively, in person, by phone, or e-mail regarding the program and the progress of their child or children
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
We thank all applicants for their interest however only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
Please indicate you saw this listing at GoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Feb 3 2020