Home | Job Postings | Grow Food
SUSTAINABLE / ORGANIC FARMING
Hiring: Systems + Operations Manager
Farm: Fireside Farms
Location: Clarence Creek, near Ottawa, Ontario
FULL-TIME PERMANENT PRODUCE FARMER / SYSTEMS + OPS MANAGER
Fireside Farms is in search of a full-time produce farmer / systems and operations manager at our Clarence-Creek, ON location.
We are an organic micro-green, vegetable, lettuce, and herb farm delivering in the Ottawa-Orleans-Clarence-Rockland area. With 7,500 square feet of heated greenhouse property, we intersect organic soil based farming and composting techniques with cutting edge vertical infrastructure, hydroponics, and mushroom labs.
- obsessed with plants, soil-health, compost and community engagement
- focused on closed-loop and no-till farming practices
- actively supplying naturally-grown produce through local wholesale and retail streams
- a small team of focused, fun, entrepreneurs
- a passionate practitioner in sustainable agriculture and business development
- decisive, systematic, collaborative, self-directed
- mature, methodical, ambitious, fun, mobile (license and vehicle required)
- organic vegetable/herb/lettuce farmer: growing and maintaining crops in aeroponic, hydroponic, and soil-based areas
- systems and operations management: managing water, nutrient/ph, soil, and compost systems; refining standard operating procedures for plant health and facility and operator efficiency
- crop planning and yield tracking: managing crop-rotation; forecasting and tracking harvest yield in grow areas; seed inventory procurement and maintenance
- pest and disease management: pestscouting and disease identification; procurement and application of positive bios and organic treatments
- micro-greens and mycology operations: operation and optimization of micro-green and mushroom and grow areas
START DATE - IMMEDIATE
- minimum 8hrs a day, minimum 5 days per week
- sub-contractor invoicing paid monthly; hourly wage based on experience
Please send resume to:
DeeDee Butters | Fireside Farms
Development + Operations
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: The above is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Mar 28 2023