SUMMER STUDENT JOBS
Title: Administrative Assistant
Organization: Friends of Jasper National Park
Location: Jasper National Park, Alberta
Terms: Full-time summer employment from April 29 to August 30, 2019
Reports to: General Manager
The Friends of Jasper National Park are looking for an Administrative Assistant to be part of our dynamic team. This position will assist with all aspects relating to the day to day operations of a successful not-for-profit association including administration, marketing and fund development.
The Administrative Assistant will:
- Carry out daily administrative tasks, as assigned;
- Answer email, online and telephone queries and follow through;
- Review, maintain and update filing system (including computer files);
- Complete general bookkeeping entries;
- Keep membership, volunteer and donor databases up to date;
- Assist with digital and social media, as needed;
- Assist with programs, special events, publications and projects as needed;
- Ensure that Friends messages are properly delivered in all tasks; and
- Assist with all aspects of running a not-for-profit association, including program support and help at FJNP sales outlet, as needed.
This position is conditional upon the receipt of funding from the Canada Summer Jobs grant. In order to qualify for the position, individuals must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of employment; and
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Skills & Qualifications
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- some post-secondary education in a related field;
- strong organizational skills with attention to detail;
- strong computer skills, working primarily in a Microsoft environment;
- excellent communication skills, oral and written. Preference may be given to candidates who are proficient in both of Canada’s official languages;
- a strong knowledge and experience with social media platforms (Facebook and Instagram);
- the ability to work with the public and volunteers in a friendly, positive, and professional manner;
- creativity, adaptability and the ability to multi-task;
- self-motivation, with an ability to work well on own or with others; and
- a passion for wild spaces, the outdoors and Jasper National Park;
- a valid driver’s license;
- knowledge of website templates (primarily WordPress) an asset;
- experience with desktop publishing/graphic design an asset; and
- a criminal record check (before the start date).
Perks, Benefits & Wages
Employees of the Friends of Jasper National Park will:
- Experience the beauty of Jasper National Park (mountains, lakes, wildlife) and all of the wonderful outdoor adventures that it affords (including hiking, biking, paddling, climbing and more);
- Work for an organization that is passionate about sharing the appreciation, understanding and respect for the natural and cultural history of Jasper National Park;
- Earn a competitive wage ($16/hr – $15/hour plus $1/hour bonus at end of season contract) plus a health and wellness allowance;
- Get great career-related work experience in a collaborative and creative work environment;
- Receive a complimentary backcountry pass (or equivalent) for outdoor pursuits in Jasper National Park;
- Enjoy a staff discount in the FJNP Gift Shop which includes books, maps, unique gifts and Canadian-made jewelry.
- Staff accommodation may be available for suitable candidate.
The Friends of Jasper National Park are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please forward your resume and a letter of application outlining your skills and qualifications to:
Friends of Jasper National Park
Attn: Heather Aussant Roy, General Manager
P.O. Box 992
Jasper, AB T0E 1E0
Resumes will be accepted until Monday, February 25th. Please note that we will only contact candidates that have been selected for an interview.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.