Home | Job Postings
NOTE: The deadline for this posting has just passed.
View current job postings at GoodWork.ca.
Position: Digital Media Coordinator
Organization: Agroforestry and Woodlot Extension Society
Work location: remote work from home anywhere in Alberta & field work component that will require travel throughout the province. AWES existing staff work from Edmonton, AB where our office is located.
The Agroforestry and Woodlot Extension Society (AWES) is looking for a Digital Media Coordinator to help us spread the word on the many benefits trees! This position will lead the way in promoting AWES through the creation of digital marketing media content and in developing collaborative relationships with our partner organizations.
We're looking for creative social media marketing skills, strong communication skills and a passion for environmental issues. Our ideal candidate will have a basic understanding of extension work (teaching) particularly online, and good knowledge of digital marketing techniques. Based remotely, the position will require occasional travel throughout Alberta.
Duties may include
- Report to AWES Executive Director and Agroforestry Specialist
- Assist with the general administration of AWES, including providing reports on extension and planting activities to the AWES Executive Director
- Plan, develop materials for, and facilitate online and in person extension events (e.g. workshops, presentations, courses, tours, radio/TV interviews) on topics related to agroforestry, riparian management, and woodlot management
- Email copywriting, design and email marketing/media marketing campaign design
- Manage the AWES website, social media & email marketing including monitoring conversations via CRM tools and report feedback to executive director.
- Community engagement with user, followers and subscribers
- Collaborate with AWES partners and stakeholders within public, private, and non-governmental sectors
- Assist with the development and dissemination of extension materials and tools (e.g. factsheets, infographics, manuals, guides, articles, videos, webpages, or newsletters) on agroforestry, riparian management, or woodlot management related topics
- Assist with the development of proposals to acquire project funding
- Assist with the design and implementation of agroforestry, riparian restoration, and woodlot enhancement planting projects on private land
- Technical Knowledge (basic knowledge or willingness to learn)
- Social media campaigns/enews/infographic and other digital content development
- Digital marketing/email marketing/
- Web-enabled learning methodologies & best practices
- Agroforestry and woodlot management principles and practices
- Forest ecology and landscape processes and functioning
- Plant and soil taxonomy, ecosystem classification
- Inventory procedures and computer mapping (geographic information systems)
- Agricultural & Forestry industry
- Practical knowledge of silviculture in agroforestry and/or restoration contexts
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree
- Strong knowledge of computer applications, social media tools for business & emerging technology platforms
- At least one year of experience working in agriculture, forestry, land management, or related natural sciences
- Effective writing, administration, and communication skills, including experience with technical writing and presentation delivery
- Experience working with stakeholders, good interpersonal skills
- Experience with basic Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Google Earth Pro, ESRI products, or similar software
- Willing to work independently as well as be a team player, strong “can do’ attitude, irregular hours and in enthusiastic about occasional work in a field setting
To apply, please send your resume and portfolio (a link or copy of some of your digital marketing work) to firstname.lastname@example.org . Questions to email@example.com
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Oct 20 2020