Position: Sales Representative, Conservation Programs
Location: Toronto/Etobicoke, Ontario (near Bloor & Islington)
Company Overview: GreenSaver is Ontario’s leading not-for-profit energy-efficiency organization. For over 25 years, we've delivered energy conservation programs for utilities, agencies and governmental bodies, assisting homeowners and businesses across Ontario to reduce their energy and carbon footprint.
Objective: We are looking for a results-driven sales representative to actively seek out and engage customer prospects.
Status: Full time / Permanent
Reporting To: Sales Manager, Conservation Programs
- Identify and target prospects: prospect and develop leads and partnerships, generate applications and referrals for GreenSaver’s Residential conservation programs.
- Daily outbound sales activities to prospects/clients for renewal and new business; including reaching out through cold calls.
- Develop new ideas and programs to drive applications and referrals.
- Log daily activity and opportunities into CRM database.
- Achieve monthly/quarterly/annual program application targets.
- Prepare weekly personal activities reporting, as well as updating results in overarching team report.
- Prepare monthly forecast to Sales Management related to independent generated pipeline.
- Must follow-up promptly on any inbound inquiries from GreenSaver’s website or from internal staff.
- Follow contract submission processes to ensure accurate reporting.
- Handle special projects and strategic sales initiatives as directed by the Sales Manager, Conservation Programs.
- Log progress of all details and activities into CRM database. Track results of outreach efforts in tracking tools and/or proprietary CRM with monthly reporting, or as needed
- Liaise with other departments for input re: regular reporting, as required
- Other duties and responsibilities as required and assigned by the Sales Manager, Conservation Programs
Required Education, Skills and Knowledge
- University Degree and/or College Diploma, or equivalent work (sales) experience
- 2 to 5 years of proven work experience as a sales representative, including extensive experience with cold calling and generating new leads
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Strong communication, negotiation, time management and organizational skills
- Strong familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software practices along with the ability to build productive business professional relationships
- Highly motivated and target-driven
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to audience needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Energetic, self-motivated, driven to succeed, positive, fast learning, quick thinking
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements (familiarity with property management a plus)
- Multi-tasker and ability to work in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Detail-oriented and a problem-solving, Solutions Wizard
- Advanced spreadsheet skills (Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets), including formulas, pivot tables and reporting, and formatting to present analysis is an absolute must-have
- Bilingualism (English and French) is a huge asset (but not required)
Licenses, Certifications, and Technical Requirements
- Valid driver’s license, vehicle a plus.
- Familiarity with CRM databases and data entry
- Willingness to travel within Ontario
- Competitive base annual salary plus a commission-based bonus structure, and full company benefits are available for the right candidate.
Please e-mail your resume and (optional) cover letter to:
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.