Position: Operations Manager
Organization: Dundurn Market
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Hours: Approximately 35-40 hours a week
Pay Rate: Based on experience.
Engage the hearts and minds of staff and community and develop their skills so that they realize their personal best, both as individuals and as thriving teams. To be a part of our growing business and create a great working environment for staff filled with positivity, kindness and strength. Love for sustainable farming practices, local community engagement, zero waste and environmentally aware. The successful candidate will help our management team manage personnel, inventory, stocking and online orders during our busy weekday and weekend shifts.
- 3 years retail / customer service management experience
- Management experience
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Entrepreneurial mentality with experience in a sales focused environment
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to coach and mentor team partners with professional maturity
- Minimum High School or GED, ideal candidates would have related post secondary education.
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
Successful candidates will have:
- Experience managing a busy restaurant / cafe / bar /kitchen facility
- Food Handlers Certification
- Smart Serve Certification
- Experienced Barista
- Experience Social Networking
- Post Secondary education in related field or equivalent education and experience
- A clearly exhibited hands-on, lead by example attitude
- A strong work ethic
- A flexible schedule / weekends / evenings required
- A valid driver's license with a clean driving history.
- Willingness to help out in all aspects of the business such as online order packing and driving our delivery vehicle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Ordering/Receiving & Website Marketing.
- Place weekly orders to our local vendors via our purchase ordering system and receive orders into our web platform ensuring accurate stocking/inventory.
- Add products to our website, ensuring proper marketing photography, pricing, and product codes
- Populate weekly market boxes for the following week.
- Create weekly auto-responder emails, market updates and other associated email marketing.
Customer Service and Delivery Support
- Answering phone calls, taking orders.
- Answering emails, updating payment information and answering customer questions.
- Helping delivery team pack orders on busy days or fill in for sick or missing staff.
- Ensure the delivery team has the support they need and are on schedule to have all orders out in a timely manner.
- Running through billing for delivery customers and contacting them if there are any issues.
- Ensure adequate product stocking and accurate pricing.
- Develop order lists for our produce suppliers.
- Develop lists for bulk packaging for our kitchen team.
- Working with local farmers to determine what items are available each week.
FOH Management & Support
- Ensure Produce and product shelves are always stocked and looking up to the Dundurn Market Standards.
- Assist the FOH staff members with serving customers during busy periods of time.
- Help customers that are not able or uncomfortable to come into the store by taking the order, fulfilling the order and taking payment.
- Ensure staff are following proper cleaning procedures.
- Sweep, wipe down tables on patio on a regular basis.
- Ensure staffing are punctual and fulfilling all their expected job responsibilities.
- Publishing weekly schedules, manage day off requests
- Working with other managers to ensure market runs effectively and safely
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume. Posting will be open until July 31st, 2020.
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.