Home | Job Postings | Energy Jobs
NOTE: The deadline for this posting has just passed.
View current job postings at GoodWork.ca.
Position: Regional Energy Coordinator
Organization: Nunatsiavut Government
Location: Nunatsiavut (Nain, Hopedale, Postville, Makkovik or Rigolet), Labrador
Department: Nunatsiavut Secretariat
Term: Permanent, Full-Time
Closing Date: September 27, 2021
WE ARE HIRING
- Oversee the implementation of the Nunatsiavut Energy Security Plan, including the development of an action plan.
- Develop strong community relationships and partnerships in order to build community capacity to address energy security in Nunatsiavut.
- Represent the NG on regional, provincial, national and Inuit Nunangat committees related to energy security, as required.
- Develop and implement new policies, programs and legislation which are in line with the Nunatsiavut Energy Security Plan.
- Develop proposals to secure external funding for energy security programs, complete report writing and evaluation of such programs.
- Provide written communications, reports and presentations on the Nunatsiavut Energy Security Plan and energy security initiatives.
- Facilitating research activities in the area of energy security, including the monitoring of the multi-unit prototype in Nain.
- Oversee the development of the Nain Wind Micro-Grid Project.
- Other related duties as required.
- Graduation with an undergraduate degree in the areas of renewable or sustainable energy or related discipline (or a combination of relevant experience and education)
- 3-5 years’ experience in a relevant field
- Understanding of Labrador Inuit culture and of the five Inuit communities.
- Excellent written skills including report and proposal writing.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of groups at the community, regional, provincial and national level.
- Experience working with and leading small groups.
The Nunatsiavut Government is an equal opportunity employer however preference will be given to beneficiaries of the Labrador Inuit Land Claims Agreement. Applicants are asked to clearly state their Nunatsiavut beneficiary number on their cover letter or resume when applying.
Applications should be forwarded before 4:30pm on closing day.
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Sep 13 2021