Home | Job Postings | Education Jobs
Position: Project Supervisor
Location: telework + occasional travel, anywhere in BC
Katimavik is looking for a highly motivated, organized and independent person to join our team as Project Supervisor. The Project Supervisor provides ongoing supervision of the development, production and coordination of projects and program activities in the designated areas, including supervision of project officer staff, community partnerships and participant experience. The position may require occasional travel to projects.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Lead the development and maintenance of relationships with community partner organizations and contacts who perform various project functions (e.g., facilitating workshops, pre-arrival meal preparation, skills development opportunities, Elders, and knowledge holders, etc.).
- Monitor the productivity and performance management of project officers while providing constructive feedback, discipline and coaching to help them achieve project objectives effectively.
- Identify official language resources and local Indigenous language resources that do not deprive the Indigenous community of opportunities.
- Ensure that project living and working spaces are safe, healthy, and hygienic, in accordance with local or provincial regulations and Katimavik guidelines.
- Oversee risk and crisis management, including responding to emergencies and staff shortages.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- A highly organized leader with a proven track record of supervising staff, developing partnerships, and managing in a changing environment.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining reciprocal and professional community partnerships.
- An empathetic coach who is committed to working in a team and developing employees by adapting a personal supervision style to the needs of each project manager.
- The willingness to work evenings or weekends occasionally and to respect the on-call schedule in case of emergency, as well as the possibility of making occasional trips, sometimes extended, as part of projects.
- Extensive experience in the field of intervention, education, social work, management, community development or other relevant disciplines.
- An understanding of the challenges faced by Indigenous communities and their historical roots.
- Previous experience working with young people or youth programs, as a facilitator of supervisor.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in French and the ability to communicate in both official languages.
- A driver's license.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com .
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Jan 13 2022