Job Title: Program Manager
Organization: Scout Environmental
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Scout Environmental is currently seeking a Program Manager to provide direction and leadership for their respective project(s), who will be responsible for ensuring cohesive and consistent program delivery on time, on budget and on target, with exemplary client satisfaction and established quality standards. The Program Manager will be responsible for project development and planning, implementation, and close-out processes all while managing various project team members and stakeholders.
Accountability and Reporting
This role reports to the Senior Director, with project-based line reporting as required. Program Managers are supported by other members of the Scout Team including:
- Project Coordinator(s)
- Field Based Staff
- Creates and executes project work plans, revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifies resource needs and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project ensuring the project stays in scope.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by the Team, before passing to client.
- Minimizes organizational exposure and risk on projects.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Ensures project learnings and outcomes are captured, reported for future reference and shared to increase organizational knowledge.
- Provides direct supervision to all subordinate members of the Project Team.
- Understands basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly.
- Ensures project legal documents are completed, and signed by CEO.
- Tracks and reports team hours and expenses.
- Manages project budgets, including the monthly internal review and reconciliation.
- Understands project pricing model and billing procedures.
- Ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors project receivables.
- Follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
- Identifies business development and "add-on" sales opportunities as they relate to each project.
- Shares opportunities for project or client growth with Senior Director and CEO.
- Effectively conveys corporate message in both written and verbal business development discussions.
- Develops budgets for new projects based on knowledge of delivery and resource requirements
- Provides support writing grant applications and proposals as required by the Senior Director.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Holds regular status meetings with Project Team.
- Keeps Project Team well informed of changes to project scope and plan.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to project stakeholders, internal and external clients.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Manages day-to-day interactions with project stakeholders (internal and external customers, vendors and other interested parties).
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster ongoing opportunities.
- Communicates effectively with clients to ensure needs are being met.
- At least five (5) years of project management experience.
- Experience writing grant applications and/or proposals.
- Hold a degree in a related field (business, environmental studies, project management, education, communications, or marketing).
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to work cross functionally, source information, obtain approvals, build relationships, and provide sufficient influence to achieve success.
- Ability to work independently, remotely and as part of a dynamic team.
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organization skills and the ability to effectively support multiple projects.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Applications.
Nice to Haves:
- Bilingual in French
- Knowledge of Canadian environmental health landscape
How to apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to:
with the subject line “SCOUT PM”
Scout Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages all to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who are we?
Scout is a not-for-profit organization that specializes in the development, delivery and management of the creative programs that engage people on issues related to the environment.
Check us out at: http://scoutenvironmental.com/
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.