Position: Program Officer
Location: Evergreen Brick Works, Toronto, Ontario
Evergreen is currently seeking to add to its team of Program Officers. This group of creative, enthusiastic, action-oriented individuals drive the day-to-day delivery of Evergreen’s diverse programs, and contribute to their development and ongoing evolution. If you love to collaborate with others and thrive in a dynamic environment then this may be the right role for you.
Our Program Officers contribute to the success of multiple projects and are strong team players. The successful candidate will support our national support program designed to help advance bold ideas in response to the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation’s Housing Supply Challenge and build sector capacity to generate innovative housing solutions.
Evergreen is a national not-for-profit helping make cities flourish. Cities that are low carbon, inclusive to all and sustainable at their core.
For 30 years, Evergreen has been making Canadian cities better places to move, work, live, play and grow. We’ve worked from coast to coast with governments, neighbourhood groups, school boards, developers and residents, collaborating to create better communities.
About the Role:
The Program Officer plays a critical role in the planning, execution and evaluation of programming projects. A multi-tasker, with insight into multiple projects at any given time, the Program Officer helps to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget and in line with program plans. To achieve these goals, the Program Officer will work with others to define and refine project requirements and scope, and organize day-to-day program delivery.
With a can-do attitude, and the experience to know when to work independently and when to seek the guidance of others, the Program Officer works across the program team, and the organization as a whole, to maintain program excellence and achieve maximum mission impact.
- Work with Program Manager to track activities throughout the project lifecycle, including scheduling, documentation, budgeting and expenses
- Work with Program Manager to plan and execute on project timelines, milestones, deliverables, using the appropriate software tools and applicable project management methods
- Monitor progress of projects and work with others to adjust plans as needed
- Work collaboratively across the organization to help find opportunities for alignment and partnership
- Help develop communication plans and partnership opportunities
- Conduct internal and/or external stakeholder meetings to solicit feedback, input and communicate expectations
- Plan and facilitate regular meetings to monitor project progress, track updates and changes, and ensure the right information is shared with those who need it
- Work with Program Manager to create contingency plans to mitigate risk
- Produce regular status reports on the progress of projects, solving problems strategically, recommending solutions and engaging others as required
- Share experiences and help generate lessons learned as programs are evaluated
- Continuously look for new ways to deliver projects for greater mission impact enhanced diversity, equity and inclusion, and greater alignment with organizational values
- Bring forward ideas for new programs or the evolution of existing programs
- Promote Evergreen programs and recruit participants
- Engage in outreach to municipalities, Indigenous committees and other stakeholders
- Demonstrate a commitment to good internal communications and positive workplace culture
- Model Evergreen’s core values
You excel in the following areas:
- Planning/Organization/Project Management. Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals and focus on priorities, create/implement action plans/budgets, document, evaluate, learn.
- Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of others in a way that exceeds their expectations.
- Communication. Communicate in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Attention to detail. Recognize that details matter. Work systematically to ensure important details do not slip through the cracks.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Manage ambiguity well. Adapt to changing priorities and conditions in an agile way, responding quickly and effectively. React to change with curiosity and excitement.
- Collaboration. Employ generosity of spirit when working across lines.
- Innovation. Build new opportunities. Resourceful in the face of challenges. Focused on solutions. Prioritize learning and growth.
You have the following qualifications:
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution
- Experience collaborating with vendors and consultants
- Proficient in: Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint; Project Management software and collaboration platforms; and customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- University or college degree/diploma (or equivalent professional experience); a focus on public policy, urban/regional planning, sustainability, urban studies, or related discipline considered an asset
- Knowledge of Canadian housing sector an asset
- Familiarity with design thinking models, software and approaches an asset
- Bilingual and fluent in French and English an asset
- Supervised by Program Manager
- Position is usually based out of Evergreen’s head office at Evergreen Brick Works in Toronto. However, due to COVID this position will be working remotely and on site only as needed.
- Regular office hours (flexible), but work will include some weekends, holidays and/or evenings
- Full time, 22-month contract until May 31st, 2023
- Target Hire Rate: $48,000 - $54,000 annually
- Employer-paid health and dental benefits package, 3 weeks paid vacation, 3 Evergreen Days and your birthday off, and professional development opportunities.
- This contract role is tied directly to Evergreen’s work on the Housing Supply Challenge Support Program. There is the possibility of contract renewal and/or extension to support other Evergreen programming.
Application Close Date:August 13, 2021
*Please include a cover letter with your resume to be considered for this position.*
How to Apply:
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.