Home | Job Postings
JOB POSTING / INTERNSHIP
Position: Outdoor Safety and Survival Intern
Type: paid internship / contract position (see below)
Organization: International Canadian School of Survival Inc, (ICSOS)
Location: Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba (near Winnipeg)
Outdoor Safety and Survival Intern Required
As an Outdoor Safety and Survival Intern with this leading Canadian company, you will provide daily, professional support to members of the organization. In this challenging but rewarding role, you will assist with running, implementing and teaching courses. If you enjoy the outdoors and working with people from around the world, we want to hear from you.
The ideal candidate will be able to take direction well, be self-motivated to work independently and as a part of the team.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assist Instructors when running courses
- Help perform some logistical tasks, which include maintaining and organizing equipment.
- Assist with social media tasks such as Facebook and Instagram postings, along with some photography
- Ensure all safety protocols are followed with self-directed activities and within group settings
- Assist with Admin support as directed
- Balance teaching support duties with training tasks (to be completed within outlined seasons)
- Mature attitude, 18+ years of age
- Excellent verbal and commination skills
- A positive, self-starter attitude with an ability to take initiative
- Strong work ethic
- Must be comfortable around dogs
- Open to learning new skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Provide your own transportation, would be beneficial to live in the R.M. of Lac Du Bonnet or the surrounding area
- Background in safety and/or teaching is considered an asset
- Physically fit, able to work with and move around equipment, ability to lift up-to 20kgs
- Must be open to working in harsh environments +30°C to -40°C conditions
- Ability to continue with training curriculum in a variety of weather conditions. Including spring, summer, fall and winter with their fluctuating elements
Interested applicants are asked to apply with resume via email to:
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- 20 instructor training hours / week
- 20 work hours / week at $15.00/hr*
- $150 for each teaching gig scheduled over the season (subject to vary)
- 6 month – 1 year contracts issued
- *ratio of instructor training and work hours negotiable
What’s in it for you?
- Joining the ICSOS team for this opportunity you will receive top of the line job training in the Resource-Tourism Operators and Public/Workplace Health and Safety Field. We have specially designed this position to have both a training schedule and regular part-time work.
- This is not just a job, it is an education and life style choice. It’s a great base for any eco-tourism operation whether as an entrepreneur or employee. It is a great base and background for survival based TV reality shows.
- The Outdoor Safety and Survival Intern training program consists of the below content, which can be completed within one year or across two years. The value of each course which will be fully paid for by ICSOS for a total value of $16,000.00.
- Wilderness Safety and Survival Level 1
- Wilderness Safety and Survival Level 2
- Wilderness Safety and Survival Level 3
- Shelters Workshop (winter)
- Snowshoe Fabrication Workshop
- Hunter Safety Certificate
- Signals Workshop
- Cold Water Immersion
- Fire Workshop
- Boater Safety Certificate
- Chainsaw Training
- Advanced Wilderness Survival
- Canadian Firearms Safety Certificate
- Bush craft (Axe/Knife Work) Training
- Advanced Wilderness/Remote First Aid Certificate (Red Cross)
- ATV Training
- Snowmobile Training
- Tracking Course
- Outdoor Edibles Workshop
- Predator Safety and Survival Firearms
- Shelters Workshop (summer)
- Water Workshop
- Fishing Workshop
- Land Navigation Training
- Trappers Course
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
*Note: The e-mail address above has been masked to help prevent spam. Please copy the address and replace “mask” with @ .
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
GoodWork ID: 39206
Date posted to GoodWork.ca: Mar 27 2017