Home | Job Postings
OUTDOOR EDUCATION JOBS
Position: Outdoor Education/Adventure Specialist
Organization: Camp Kawartha
Location: near Peterborough, Ontario
Term: March – June
Type: paid + room + board (see below)
Are you passionate about outdoor education and environmental stewardship? Would you like to work for an award winning outdoor and environment centre? Are you available to work from March to the end of June, 2020? With over 80 curriculum linked programs on offer and plans to become a nationally recognized environmental leadership centre, Camp Kawartha is seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic educator to join our talented team.
- Level 2 Challenge Course Practitioner
- Standard First Aid/CPR
- University Degree or College Degree
- Interest and enthusiasm for the natural world
- Able to teach in a professional manner
- Willingness to learn more about environmental education and sustainability
- Current National Lifeguard (NLS), teaching certificate considered an asset
Scope of the Position
- Appointed as an outdoor educator in the delivery of quality environmental and outdoor programming; to help lead our adventure programming; to insure that high educational standards are met and to assist in the development of curricula, instructional aids and teaching strategies within the administrative policies and procedures established and directed by the Executive Director.
Purpose of the Position
- Facilitates Challenge Course programming? Prepares and helps to lead all adventure/leadership programming (high ropes, low ropes, initiatives), assist with staff training,
- Assists in the delivery of various curriculum linked outdoor education programming for visiting schools.
- Assist with upkeep of program equipment and other non?programming needs
- Insures all applicable safety standards are met.
- Acts as the overnight emergency contact staff person Monday ? Friday
- Contract: March 1st 2020 – June 19th, 2020 (possibility of summer or fall extension)
- 35 hrs per week at a weekly salary $600 (opportunity to earn more by working weekends or evenings). On site accommodation is a requirement of this position. Room & board is included while client groups are on site.
Please email a covering letter and resume by February 7, 2020 to:
Neil Fortin, Head of Outdoor Education
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Jan 12 2020