Home | Job Postings
ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION JOBS
Position: Education and Outreach Coordinator
Eligibility: 30 years or younger
Organization: Burns Bog Conservation Society
Location: Delta, Greater Vancouver BC
Burns Bog Conservation Society — Saving Burns Bog and other peatlands through education and research. They need to be saved for us, wildlife and the planet.
- Educate K-12 students about Burns Bog through field trips, in-class workshops, and other teaching opportunities
- Update Field Trip content and develop new teacher resources
- Create and/or manage new program development. Ensure successful implementation of new programs
- Attend outreach events to recruit new volunteers and/or inform the public about Burns Bog
- Speak publicly about Burns Bog, outdoor education, and/or other Society programs when required
- Work with local universities and their environmental programs
- Take part in the Society’s events
- Plan education events
- Assist in ongoing research and stewardship activities
- Other duties as required
SKILLS & QUALITIES YOU HAVE:
- Organized, good time management skills and able to meet deadlines
- Excellent computer skills
- Working knowledge of current BC K-12 curriculum and experience in lesson planning
- Experience teaching and/or working with children
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Team player and able to multitask
BONUS QUALITIES YOU HAVE:
- Ability to speak French
- Experience working and managing a budget
YOU ARE ELIGIBLE IF YOU…
- Have a degree in Education, Environmental Science or a related field
- Have a valid BC driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Are willing to obtain a criminal record check
- Meet ECO Canada’s intern criteria. E.g. 30 years or younger and approved qualifications
- 37.5 hours/week (subject to funding from ECO Canada). Flexible schedule, some evening and weekend work required.
- This is a full time job that will be posted until the position is filled
Thank you for your interest in working for the Burns Bog Conservation Society!
Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Aug 6 2019