Position: Office Administrator
Organization: High Park Nature Centre
Location: High Park, Toronto, Ontario
Job Type: permanent part time position, , 25 hours/week
As the Office Administrator the primary responsibility will be to respond to/direct customer inquiries. There are numerous administrative and organizational tasks that need to be completed in a timely and efficient manner. The Office Administrator is often the face of the Nature Centre when parents/caregivers or participants arrive at the centre and ring the bell. We are seeking an outgoing, highly organized, efficient and self-motivated person who loves nature, kids and High Park to join our team.
For full job details please review the enclosed job description.
- University or college diploma in Office Administration or a related discipline, with a minimum of two years of experience working in an administration role in either a volunteer or professional capacity OR equivalent combination of work experience and education;
- Experience working or volunteering in a non-profit environment an asset;
- Experience working in child and family-focused environment an asset;
- Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- High level of proficiency with MS Office including Excel, Word, Outlook;
- Proficiency with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop an asset;
- Proficiency with Quickbooks Online and/or Sumac and/or Craft (website management) an asset;
- Strong knowledge of Toronto’s ecology and natural history an asset;
- Ability for effective teamwork as well as independent work;
- Creativity and enthusiasm with excellent problem solving skills;
- Proven time management skills and the ability to manage a diverse workload;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Fluency in French an asset;
Closing Date: August 17, 2018 by 5pm.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter as one PDF file to Sara Street, Executive Director at:
by the closing date. Apply as soon as possible as there is a possibility of starting quickly.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, no follow up phone calls or emails please.
The High Park Nature Centre is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from People of Colour, Indigenous People, and other visible minorities.
Job Description (P/T – F/T)
- Respond to telephone inquiries and receive drop-in visitors;
- Receive, sort and manage incoming mail and emails;
- Maintain master HPNC booking schedule in EZNet;
- Set up registration in Active, manage Nature Club, Camp and Adult program registrations in Active (including refunds and transfers) and conduct correspondence regarding registrations;
- Manage program wait lists and fill open spots in programs as needed;
- Process Guides, Scouts and School bookings in EZNet and follow up on unconfirmed bookings;
- Take initial bookings for Birthday Parties and liaise with Birthday Party Coordinator;
- Manage space sharing and building rentals, including taking bookings and issuing contracts;
- Update and maintain electronic mailing list on a regular basis (MailerLite);
- Submit local media listings for all programs;
- Maintain event calendar on website;
- Maintain inventory control system for t-shirts and buttons;
- Monitor office supplies and place orders as needed;
- Maintain and improve organization of network files;
- Maintain Lending Library loans and send out return reminders as needed;
- Maintain Bat Monitor and Toronto Seed Lending Libraries, process loans/returns and send out return reminders as needed;
- Help keep office technology working and assist staff as needed;
- Lend a hand to keep shared office and kitchen space clean and tidy.
- Track invoices, refunds, purchases, and payments in Excel and Quickbooks (cloud based);
- Prepare receipts, issue invoices and follow up on outstanding invoices as needed;
- Process refund requests and mail out refund cheques;
- Prepare bank deposits and maintain deposit records;
- Reconcile petty cash (record cash payments in QB, calculate public service rebates);
- Issue and mail/distribute cheques;
- File paper records;
- Track spending for major grants.
Donations and Memberships
- Monitor mail and on-line platforms for donations and/or memberships;
- Track and process donations and memberships (new and renewing);
- Maintain an up-to-date database of donors and members.
- Act as point of contact for members;
- Coordinate member communications including membership renewals, AGM announcements, and members-only newsletter.
Reports to Executive Director
Hours of Work 25 hours/week
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
*Email: The e-mail address above has been masked to prevent spam. Please copy the address or type it manually, add the @ sign, remove “mask” and any spaces.