ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY JOBS
Position: ClimateActionWR Plan Manager
Organization: Sustainable Waterloo Region
Location: Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario
Cutting-edge community climate program in Waterloo Region seeks a highly organized change maker with impeccable relationship-building skills to lead and be the coordinating hub for all ClimateActionWR activities. You have a passion for community-based leadership and improving environmental sustainability. You are an experienced, results-oriented and versatile self-starter with a proven track record in project and financial management, preferably in the not-for-profit sector
- Lead the implementation of key deliverables for the “80 by 50” project:
- create momentum, and drive change toward a low carbon future;
- support the creation and implementation of a community engagement strategy;
- lead the planning and development of capacity-building activities and events with our eight municipal partners;
- manage the long-term planning process and relationships with technical and community engagement consultants throughout the development of the long-term strategy;
- lead the 80 by 50 project team and manage the work of the 80 by 50 Project Coordinator;
- facilitate the planning phases and implementation of two pilot projects;
- create and submit funding disbursement requests;
- ensure impactful execution of stakeholder engagement activities;
- plan and facilitate community workshop
- Lead and support activities related to the current Climate Action Plan (short-term emissions reduction target of 6%):
- strive to find, support, and launch new initiatives to lower our community’s carbon footprint;
- execute the Implementation and Communications Strategy of the Climate Action Plan;
- provide coaching and support for partnership development and action implementation and monitoring;
- ensure milestones are on-track to achieve our community reduction target;
- coordinate internal and external communications;
- monitor annual budget and expenses;
- lead the planning, execution and reporting of community engagement aspects of ClimateActionWR.
As a strong candidate for this role, you have the following skills, attributes, and experience:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in environmental studies or related area from a recognized university;
- Demonstrated passion for community-based leadership and improving the environmental sustainability of Waterloo Region;
- Ability to energize community members and create a sense of direction, purpose, excitement and momentum for change;
- Outstanding relationship management skills in person and in writing;
- Self-starter with proven project management skills (including budget development/management);
- Experience working with local governments/on local governance issues;
- Strong ability to prioritize and problem solve in a fast paced multi-priority environment, respond quickly to changing expectations, and report back on tasks completed;
- Experience working collaboratively with a mix of staff and volunteers;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including crafting strategic messages, leading meetings, and presenting to diverse audiences;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word;
- Knowledge of utility and government conservation goals and programs, an asset;
- Public Relations and media training, an asset;
- Experience with Photoshop, HTML or Word Press, an asset.
Employment Details: This position goes to June 30th 2021 with the potential for extension pending funding.
Compensation: $47,000 annually
Benefits: Benefits Package (after 3 months), Employee Assistance Program (after 6 months), Regional Bus Pass, and Professional Development investment valued at 1% of salary.
To apply please: Submit your cover letter and resume to Yvonne (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible, with your name and the position title clearly marked in the subject line.
View the detailed Job Description here.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.