Position: Senior Marketing Manager
Organization: Mama Earth Organics
Location: Toronto (near O'Connor & St Clair E.)
We're creating an alternative, locally-based, food system in Toronto. We partner with local organic farms and like-minded local businesses and artisans, and deliver local, organic, small-scale grown or produced food that tastes really good. We deliver directly to our member's homes, throughout the GTA, on a weekly basis from our 20,000 sq. ft headquarters located in East Toronto. We are a fast growing company working to realize some exciting and ambitious plans in the coming few years. We’re a progressive organization focused on the overall happiness, health and balance/mindfulness of our 90+ staff.
Since 2017, Mama Earth Organics has been a certified B Corporation — a community of companies using business as a force for good. B Corps work toward reduced inequality, lower levels of poverty, a healthier environment, stronger communities, and the creation of more high quality jobs with dignity and purpose. By harnessing the power of business, B Corps use profits and growth as a means to a greater end: positive impact for their employees, communities, and the environment.
Senior Marketing Manager will be responsible for all activities related to the development and implementation of Mama Earth's eCommerce marketing strategy as we continue to build awareness of our brand. The Senior Marketing Manager will define our marketing strategy and leverage customer analytics to drive sales. We want a Senior Marketing Manager who has strong eCommerce marketing experience leading all efforts related to consumer marketing and segmentation, planning, customer acquisition and retention, paid media, email marketing, website conversion and analytics, and coordination around partner integration and content strategy. Successful startup experience with a direct-to-consumer product preferred as well as an infectious passion for the joy of food.
- Lead a results driven marketing department
- Develop and manage an omni-channel marketing strategy (both digital and traditional channels) to grow the size and lifetime values of Mama Earth's customer base.
- Work on a cross functional team to develop and execute our brand (messaging, positioning, and voice) and content strategy to share the Mama Earth story through all relevant channels.
- Oversee and successfully execute all marketing campaigns from idea to execution.
- Implement methods to track and evaluate the performance of all marketing campaigns.
- Create and deliver campaign recaps, brand reporting, and recommendations for future execution.
- Develop, manage and track ROI metrics and understand how your marketing activity deepens engagement, wins new customers and manages churn.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the Tech, Operations, Product Teams, Customer Support, Farms teams, internal Design Team, and external agencies (digital, PR) to ensure all marketing efforts are consistent, on brand, and delivered on time.
- Develop and lead our corporate social responsibility partnership and initiatives.
- Develop and manage annual marketing budget and plan, detailing the year’s activity to meet agreed-upon company objectives.
- Report results regularly to the CEO
- You have 8+ years successfully executing an omni-channel marketing strategy at an e-commerce based lifestyle, health, or culinary/food brand.
- You are a seasoned Marketing Manager, and looking to take on more accountability and responsibility. You are unphased by steering the full scope of marketing.
- You have a proven track record of eComm marketing success.
- You’re in it for the long haul and are experienced at thriving in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- You’re able to operate up high and down low — high-level focus on the bigger picture while getting in the weeds to ensure flawless execution.
- You're an expert at crafting a cohesive brand story and ensuring all marketing campaigns seamlessly tie into that story.
- You excel in a cross-functional role — gaining consensus across multiple teams and ensuring goals are accomplished within agreed-upon timelines.
- You excel at communicating effectively and empowering others.
- You’re a tech whiz with proven skills in analytics and reporting (i.e. online analytics, a/b and multivariate testing, content management strategies) to evaluate marketing performance, make data-driven decisions, and achieve results.
- You’re a creative problem solver who is adept at rolling up your sleeves and working efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- You don’t take yourself too seriously and believe a winning culture is an essential ingredient to building a great company.
What’s In It For You:
- You’ll be putting more food dollars into local farms so they can continue to grow the most nutritious and delicious produce while preserving farmland and biodiversity in Ontario.
- You’ll be supporting the creation of a local food system, built on principles of sustainability and biodiversity, and demonstrating that this can be both financially sustainable for farmers and affordable for consumers.
- You’re going to learn a lot. You will be joining a thriving business driven by an experienced top tier leadership team who have built successful brands and businesses. You are going to be part of an epic growth story.
- You’ll be joining a team of talented, fun people who take pride in supporting the Local Food System one crazy fresh produce basket at a time
Things You Should Know
- This is a full-time salaried position located in East Toronto at 19 Waterman Ave
- We don't have cubicles and we all feel lucky to be here!
How do You Apply?
Please forward your cover letter and resume to:
We kindly ask that you apply to us via email only, please no phone calls. Thank you very much for your interest and good luck!
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.