Position: Marketing Specialist
Location: Toronto, Ontario
The Marketing Specialist is a creative member of Evergreen’s Marketing & Communications team. They have experience in creating engaging content for diverse audiences in both digital and print and optimize campaign performance to meet marketing and brand objectives. This Specialist helps build innovation and creative excellence within the Marketing & Communications team and works collaboratively across the organization to expand Evergreen’s reach as a leading not-for-profit.
Evergreen is a national not-for-profit helping make cities flourish. Cities that are low carbon, inclusive to all and sustainable at their core.
For 30 years, Evergreen has been making Canadian cities better places to move, work, live, play and grow. We’ve worked from coast to coast with governments, neighbourhood groups, school boards, developers and residents, collaborating to create better communities.
About the Role:
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for planning and executing marketing initiatives across a variety of digital platforms and marketing channels including web, email, print and social media. They will have experience executing best-practice for digital copy writing and content creation, SEO and remarketing and brings an enthusiasm to data collection that will help inform ongoing strategies across the department.
- Partner with Marketing & Communication Director and Managers, along with cross-functional teams, to develop compelling campaigns and content that meet the marketing, impact and business objectives of the organization and advance the strategy with innovation and consistency
- Support campaign planning from end-to-end to drive growth and awareness for key assets including programming, events and social enterprise
- Lead content execution for key brand initiatives including creative concept, copy writing and schedule content that is consistent with Evergreen’s brand contributing to marketing and brand goals
- Contribute to website planning, content creation, SEO and set benchmarks to meet objectives
- Implement in key areas of digital marketing; social media and email marketing
- Support monthly and quarterly scorecard tracking and reporting across the Marketing & Communications team to track, monitor and optimize digital performance and all other audience-facing vehicles to achieve results
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Marketing & Communications team, such as the Graphic Designer, Content Specialists/Writers and other team members responsible for implementation/posting/deployment
- Plan and facilitate regular meetings to monitor project progress, track updates and changes, and ensure the right information is shared with those who need it and manage associated project budget
- Work collaboratively with Marketing & Communications, Development and Programming to implement and manage email database and CRM.
- Contribute to positive workplace culture and great internal communication
- Model Evergreen’s core values of sustainability, innovation and connection
You excel in the following areas:
- Attention to detail. Recognize that details matter. Work systematically to ensure important details do not slip through the cracks.
- Communication. Speak, listen and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Calm under pressure. Demonstrate composure in stressful situations.
- Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of others in a way that exceeds their expectations.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Manage ambiguity well. Adapt to changing priorities and conditions in an agile way, responding quickly and effectively. React to change with curiosity and excitement.
- Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Act without being told what to do. Demonstrate passion and excitement over work. Display a can-do attitude.
You have the following qualifications:
- 3+ years related marketing experience
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communications, or related degrees
- Experience in digital landscape including current industry and user trends, emerging technologies and standards, information architecture and
- Creative storyteller with proven track record engaging audiences through different of equivalent experience.
- Proven competency with social media channels; Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Proven ability to understand the audience and tailor communications appropriately
- Campaign experience running Paid Search mediums, remarketing, display advertising
- Demonstrable experience with email marketing with MailChimp or other platforms
- Experience of SEO best practices, Adobe Creative Cloud and Hootsuite
- Solid understanding of Google analytics, with the ability to generate, analyze and interpret data
- Proven project management skills
- Knowledge of AODA
- Working knowledge of CMS, HTML
- French verbal and written skills an asset
- Supervised by the Sr. Manager, Brand and Creative Services
- Indirect report to Digital Marketing Manager
- Position is based out of Evergreen’s head office at Evergreen Brick Works in Toronto, however, due to the COVID-19 pandemic this position is currently remote, with ongoing remote work a possibility
- Regular office hours (flexible), with occasional onsite and offsite evenings and/or weekends as required
- Permanent, full-time
- Target Hire Range: $54,000 -$60,000 annually
- Employer-paid health and dental benefits package, 3 weeks paid vacation, 3 Evergreen Days and your birthday off, and professional development opportunities
Application Close Date: Monday, December 13th, 2021. Please note we will be screening applications as they are received. This posting may be closed earlier than the application deadline if a successful candidate is found before the closing date.
*Please include a cover letter with your resume to be considered for this position.*
To Apply: https://can61.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/evergreen/Posting/View/402
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.