Position: Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Location: Evergreen Brick Works, Toronto, Ontario
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator is a member of Evergreen’s Marketing & Communications Team, responsible for project intake, workflow and delivery of various marketing and communications initiatives. This individual will contribute to the smooth and efficient overall functioning of the department, including the execution of marketing projects, scheduling resources and supporting design requirements and requests. If you are collaborative and creative, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and deadlines, consider joining our team!
Evergreen is a national not-for-profit helping make cities flourish. Cities that are low carbon, inclusive to all and sustainable at their core.
For 30 years, Evergreen has been making Canadian cities better places to move, work, live, play and grow. We’ve worked from coast to coast with governments, neighbourhood groups, school boards, developers and residents, collaborating to create better communities.
About the Role:
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator is responsible for scheduling, and planning for delivery, Marketing & Communications initiatives for a variety of departments at Evergreen. The Coordinator will help the team work across a variety of digital platforms and marketing channels including web, email, social media and print. In addition to sound project management skills, the Coordinator brings an enthusiasm to data tracking that will help inform ongoing strategies across the department.
- Partner with the Marketing & Communication Director and Managers, along with cross-functional teams and external vendors, to coordinate the intake and set up of marketing projects from scheduling to sign off and delivery
- Report on and support coordination of project flow and campaign planning by helping to drive growth and awareness for key assets while ensuring objectives are met with quality and delivered on time and on budget
- Review logos, for both Evergreen and external partners, on different marketing communications materials which includes coordinating approvals
- Work with design team and suppliers such as printers, graphic designers, writers, and photographers, to produce publications on time and on budget
- Support regular scorecard tracking, media monitoring and reporting across the Marketing & Communications team to optimize digital performance and other audience-facing channels
- Manage the digital inventory of assets and documents.
- Perform marketing functions such as drafting brand and social media kits
- Perform administrative functions within the team, including processing purchase orders, coordinating materials for events, organizing marketing communication archives, and managing invoices from various vendors
- Plan and facilitate regular meetings to monitor project progress, track updates and changes, and ensure the right information is shared with those who need it
- Assist with the design, production and writing of communications & marketing materials and reports in InDesign and Canva for various channels, with specific attention to social media and web content
- Demonstrate a commitment to good internal communications and positive workplace culture
- Model Evergreen’s core values
You excel in the following areas:
- Attention to detail. Recognize that details matter and work systematically to ensure important details are not missed.
- Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of others in a way that exceeds their expectations.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Manage ambiguity well. Adapt to changing priorities and conditions in an agile way, responding quickly and effectively. React to change with curiosity and excitement.
- Calm under pressure. Demonstrate composure in stressful situations
- Communication. Communicate in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques
You have the following additional qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communications, project management or relevant experience
- 2+ years related project management experience and a knowledge of project management principles.
- Proven ability to undertake several tasks/projects simultaneously with a high attention to detail
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- An understanding of Google analytics, with the ability to generate, analyze and interpret data
- Experience in digital landscape, including current industry and user trends, emerging technologies and standards and information architecture
- Demonstrable experience with email marketing with MailChimp or other platforms
- Proven ability to understand the audience and tailor communications appropriately
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of InDesign
- Understanding of project management tools, AODA and Hootsuite
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- French verbal and written skills an asset
- Supervised by the Sr. Manager, Brand and Creative Services
- Position is based out of Evergreen’s head office at Evergreen Brick Works in Toronto, however, due to the COVID 19 pandemic this position will be working remotely
- Office environment, with some ongoing remote work a possibility
- Regular office hours (flexible), with occasional onsite and offsite evenings and/or weekends as required
- Permanent, full-time
- Salary range: $44,000 - $50,000 annually
- Employer-paid health and dental benefits package, 3 weeks paid vacation, 3 Evergreen Days and your birthday off, and professional development opportunities.
Application Close Date: August 9th 2021
*Please include a cover letter with your resume to be considered for this position.*
How to Apply:
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.