Position: Manager, Marketing and Communications
Organization: Green Standards
Location: Spadina and Adelaide, Toronto, ON
• Please read this post to the end, as important instructions are listed at the bottom.
• Job will require occasional travel within US and Canada.
• Only individuals who are highly motivated by the opportunity to grow with a pioneering sustainability-based company need apply here!
Each year in North America an estimated 10 million tons of office furniture and equipment ends up in landfills. Much of this is generated by large corporate real estate renovation projects, which often lag behind the sustainability goals and policies of today’s leading brands.
Green Standards is an industry leader in sustainable workplace decommissioning and works with many Fortune 100 corporations across the US and Canada. Green Standards is growing, and must expand its marketing and communications bandwidth. We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced individual who is eager for the opportunity to participate in the growth of the company.
The marketing and communications manager is responsible for managing all strategic and tactical marketing activities in collaboration with other departments, partners, and clients. They will report to the General Manager and be responsible for the following initiatives:
• Engaging clients, partners, prospects, industry and press with various forms of media to increase positive awareness of Green Standards and awareness of the office furniture waste issue.
• Crafting and implementing marketing initiatives that measurably generate new business.
• Working with Green Standards’ clients to create additional value for through success stories in the form of case studies, videos, press releases, articles and events.
• Generating a continuous stream of Green Standards-created content aimed at bolstering the authority, reach, and credibility of the brand.
• Positioning the Green Standards brand favourably in the Sustainability, Corporate Real-Estate, Non-Profit and Entrepreneurship sectors.
• Creating high-quality applications and proposals for industry awards and speaking opportunities.
• Managing various communications activities including newsletters, blog posts, social media, slide decks and others as needed.
• Sourcing and managing third party vendors (video, graphic design, print services, etc.)
• Preparing Green Standards spokespersons for interviews, meetings, and presentations as needed.
• Proven ability to achieve high levels of output while working autonomously. You are passionate, self-motivated, organized and exude a strong sense of pride and ownership over your results.
• 3+ years of experience in marketing and/or communications management, preferably within CSR, sustainability, or social enterprise space.
• A genuine passion for promoting corporate social responsibility.
• Proven ability to pitch and secure media coverage through columns, news releases, and media relationships.
• Experience collaborating with communications departments at Fortune 500 companies.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience planning and executing copy/content for sales and marketing efforts (web and print)
• Experience creating content and managing a corporate website using WordPress CMS.
• Intermediate knowledge of graphic design and web design.
• Ability to coordinate dynamic and diverse projects simultaneously.
• Experience managing an annual marketing/communications budget.
Preferred Technical Proficiencies
• Wordpress + basic HTML/CSS
• Graphic Design (Adobe CC, or equivalent)
• MS Office Suite
• Social Media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook) + Hootsuite
• SEO/SEM + Google Analytics
Above all else, we are looking for a highly-motivated, career-minded individual looking to join a dynamic team of professionals. This is a fun and fast-paced environment best suited to self-starters, those who are motivated to succeed and ready to commit to a unique opportunity with real growth potential.
What Green Standards Can Offer You
Applicants who do not adhere to the following instructions will not be considered:
Please answer these 3 questions below when submitting your resume and cover letter. The cover letter should be less than one page and include links to work samples or your portfolio, where available. Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter.
1. Describe your experience briefly. What was a recent marketing/communications leadership role? What key successes did you have?
2. Describe a specific work-related challenge and how you overcame it. Be concise.
3. Why were you motivated to respond to this posting?
Resume and cover letter should be submitted directly to Trevor Langdon ( tlangdon greenstandardsltd.com* )
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
*Note: The e-mail address above has been masked to help prevent spam. Please copy the address and replace “mask” with @ .
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
GoodWork ID: 42178 Date posted to GoodWork.ca: Aug 9 2017