Home | Job Postings | Gardening Jobs | Sustainability
Position: Landscape Gardener
Company: Queen Beez Garden Design
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Queen Beez is a full service garden design & install company serving residential and commercial clients throughout the Greater Toronto Area. Our passion is turning the scales in favour of ecology!
- Full-time Landscape/Gardener + Property Maintenance
- Seasonal, residential landscaping and plant installation
- Opportunity for long-term growth with Queen Beez Garden Design
- 2020 marks our 10 year Anniversary
- Driver’s licence and clean record a bonus!
- Relevant landscaping/horticulture education or equivalent experience/certificate
- Ability to work independent with instruction or social distancing with 1 team member
- Landscaping (soft-scapes) design, planting+installation services for residential properties
- Proven knowledge of seasonal ornamentals, shrubs, small trees, perennials, general garden tending work
- Knowledge of IPM strategies a plus
- Experience using mobile app’s for GPS, plant and pest identification, good memory an asset!
- Garden care for established landscapes: identify plants for tending, removals, pruning, trimming, edging and amendment techniques ie: formal/informal pruning
- Ability to identify, account for and maintain landscaping tools and machinery
- Provide proper upkeep of property site-lines, walkways, paths, and lawns while re-planting or maintaining
- Have a strong work ethic and manual strength for heavy lifting of products, digging, installing or moving bulk growing media, plant materials or landscaping tools and equipment
- Active listening
- Provide quality service for plant selection, sourcing or arrangements using critical and/or creative skill sets
- Knowledge or experience operating gas powered tools
Work + Skill Requirements:
- Working outdoors with various weather conditions, rain, sun and cold temperatures: appropriate clothing required for all weather
- Appropriate work gear, PPE’s + tools required: ie: #8 pruners. All work gear must comply with WSIB/CSA safety standards
- Must be willing to travel independently to multiple work sites, facilitate time tracking of projects
- You are reliable, friendly, punctual, approachable with team members and clients
- Current, up-to-date phone technology / communications for tracking site information, GPS travel, logging of work material
- Concern for others — job requires the protection of other’s information, safety and personal property. Responsibility to facilitate integrity.
You can apply for the position and upload your files directly from our website's employment form: queenbeez.org/employment/ Please include your cover letter with your resume, let us learn about your related experiences.
On the Job training provided in addition to PPE's for outdoor work post-Covid 19.
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: May 26 2020