Home | Job Postings | Gardening Jobs | Sustainability
GREEN ROOFS / LANDSCAPE CONSTRUCTION
Positions: Green Roof Installer
Company: Ginkgo Sustainability Inc.
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Ginkgo Sustainability is a leading green/living roof contractor in southwestern Ontario and the Greater Toronto Area specializing in institutional, commercial and multi-residential projects. We are looking for crewmembers to work on our construction projects.
Job Description and Profile
A Green Roof Installer is an on-site constructor/installer of green roof systems. A green or living roof is a roof on a building that is partially or completely covered with vegetation and a growing medium, planted over a waterproofing membrane. It may also include additional layers such as a root barrier, drainage and irrigation systems, and additional features, such as stone walkways. Green Roof Installers will assist with the installation of root barrier, drainage, growing medium, vegetation, and stone pavers. Green Roof Installers are expected to:
- install materials as specified by their Foreman in line with construction drawings & specifications;
- comply with all site and company safety policies and procedures;
- reinforce the company reputation with clients, sub-contractors and suppliers;
- ensure quality of their work and are able to work independently;
- inform their Foreman of any safety concerns and human resource issues;
- work in a safe manner on every construction site; and,
- any other duties asked by the Foreman.
Skills and Requirements
- The successful applicant
- is trustworthy, an autonomist, respectful, self-motivating with strong communication skills;
- has an aptitude for physically demanding outdoor work as manual lifting and continuous movement are required;
- is comfortable with heights; and,
- is highly motivated with an excellent work ethic.
- Soft and/or hard landscape construction and/or experience with paving/interlocking stone, is an asset.
- The applicant must have their own transport to job sites; public transit and carpooling is acceptable.
- GINKGO is a full-weather company; individuals should expect to be at work in all seasonal conditions.
Benefits and Rate of Pay
- This position is unionized and the successful applicant will be required to become a member of the SMWIA Local 30. For more details, please visit: https://smwia-l30.com/. The starting union basic wage rate is $20.81/hour.
- This position is seasonal, with the green roofing season running from Spring through to December. There is the potential for intermittent work over the winter and the possibility of rehire in future seasons.
How to Apply
- Please forward your cover letter and résumé to Ginkgo Sustainability at email@example.com .
- We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- For more information about GINKGO, visit our website at http://www.ginkgosustainability.com.
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date posted: Mar 30 2021