Position: Energy and GHG Reduction Client Services Representative
Type: 2 positions, one full-time, one part-time
Organization: City Green Solutions
Location: Victoria, British Columbia
Assist with various tasks to support City Green’s energy evaluation and GHG reduction services and programs, including but not limited to:
- Providing client services phone and email support for City Green’s energy and GHG reduction and water conservation services and programs.
- Scheduling homeowners & businesses for energy evaluations or site visits using proprietary online CRM system.
- Assisting with multiple tasks, including data entry, filing, follow up phone calls to homeowners, program report writing and other tasks as needed.
- Supporting City Green’s technical support, program coordinating, and communications staff as needed.
Qualifications (Skills, Experience, Personality)
- Personal and professional fit with City Green’s vision and mission.
- Being flexible and motivated is a requirement.
- Ability to enthusiastically (always) and knowledgably (after training) communicate with homeowners and contractors about energy efficiency programs and products.
- Learn basic building science and the nuances of energy rebate programs and be able to explain these to homeowners and contractors
- Proactively provide support to other team members to meet project and program deadlines.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced team environment.
- Good listening skills and a high tolerance for interruptions and multi-tasking.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and telephone).
- Strong writing skills are a strong asset.
- Accuracy and attention to detail (for data entry and other tasks) is a requirement.
- Sales experience an asset.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with energy efficiency, building construction, and/or building science an asset.
- Experience with MS office suite and MS Sharepoint software an asset.
- Solid MS office skills, and particularly excel, strongly encouraged.
- A good sense of humour is appreciated.
- Diploma/degree in relevant field or combination of relevant experience an asset.
- Interest in advancing building energy and GHG reduction solutions a requirement. A passion for this, an asset.
- Ability to be self-directed, think-on-your-feet, teach yourself how to complete tasks and address challenges and issues as they arise.
- Interest in a career related to improving building energy efficiency
- Start Date: Soon As Possible
- Two Positions:
- One Full Time Position: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. Availability to work some evenings and Saturdays in hours outlined below an asset.
- One Part Time Position: Tuesday to Thursday 3pm to 8pm and Saturday 10am to 3pm. Availability to work other hours for training and additional work as required an asset.
- Compensation: Starting compensation $16/hour
- Location: Downtown Victoria office, close to public transit and indoor and outdoor bike lock-up
- Training: Job training provided
- Probation period is 3 months
- Comprehensive benefits program will be available after 3 months
- Work Environment: City Green offers a casual and flexible (but fast paced) work environment and an opportunity to help shape and grow a dynamic energy/GHG reduction focused social enterprise
Qualified candidates can submit cover letter and resume (in one attachment) via email to manager(at)citygreen.ca prior to 9am on Wed April 26th, 2017. Applicants should clearly indicate if they are applying for the part time or full time positions and their availability for evening and Saturday hours. Early applications are encouraged. While we truly appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or walk-in applications please.
About City Green
City Green Solutions is an enterprising non-profit organization with a mission to excite, inspire and lead British Columbians in finding energy and GHG reduction solutions. We provide energy modelling for new construction and retrofit evaluations of existing residential, commercial and institutional buildings; advise for access to grants and financial incentives; thermal imaging services; program design and management services for local governments and utilities; energy benchmarking services; customized energy efficiency marketing programs; research and evaluation services; quality assurance services; education and training, and more!
For information on current programs City Green delivers, or is a partner for program delivery, see:
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.