Energy conservation | energy utility conservation programs | energy efficiency | demand side management | energy management
Position: Energy Solutions Manager – Municipal
Location: Vancouver area, BC
Reporting to the Key Account Manager, the focus of this position is to establish and maintain strong relationships with the designated target Municipal sector to maintain customer retention and contribute to earnings by identifying, pursuing and securing opportunities for growth, conservation & energy management, and other products and services introduced by FortisBC. Growth will be achieved through collaborative selling techniques, customer relationship management, and providing effective energy solutions to the target sector and related sub-sectors.
- Develop, implement and execute a sales plan or sector strategy based on established targets in the designated sector and sub-sectors that contribute towards FortisBC’s long term objectives of growing capital investment, revenue, gas load, Conservation & Energy Management (C&EM) capital investment, renewable natural gas load, and natural gas for transportation load.
- Identify, evaluate and acquire a deep understanding of designated sector and develop and implement retention and growth strategies. Maintain extensive knowledge on issues impacting the targeted sector, including relevant policy directions.
- Support or lead business development activities from concept through to implementation to deliver on projects that meet FortisBC long term business and strategic objectives.
- Position the company as an industry leader in energy applications and C&EM strategies in the target market. Promote C&EM programs through engagement and education that increase opportunities for investment in FortisBC Demand Side Management (DSM) programs.
- Work effectively with other departments and project teams to help ensure delivery of identified opportunities and optimized investments for the company and a common understanding of growth and retention objectives.
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders and maintain awareness of activities that affect business development potential. Advise senior management on strategic issues related to the designated target sector and related sub-sectors.
- Monitor related technological advancements for process optimization, use of natural gas and alternative energy in various applications, and improved energy efficiency.
- Conduct public speaking engagements as assigned. Negotiate non-disclosure, confidentiality, and other agreements as required.
- Maintain good relationships with customers, marketers and key stakeholders. Critically assess feedback from customers, municipalities, regulators and other stakeholders to ensure that internal business processes are responsive to customer needs.
- Maintain appropriate relationships with related groups and associations to foster ideas and opportunities for capturing major new energy solutions opportunities.
- Manage CRM and report on progress towards objectives to senior management and other company personnel and identify issues that may affect achievement of objectives
- Conduct work in a manner that prevents injuries and incidents, and contributes to FortisBC’s Target Zero Mission.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of safety policies, practices and procedures. Lead by example by putting safety first at all times.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of a post-secondary degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Commerce or a related discipline.
- A minimum of four (4) to seven (7) years of recent and related experience and a successful track record in Business to Business (B2B)/Business to Customer (B2C) sales in a related field.
- Sales and Marketing skills within the residential and commercial new construction market segments in BC.
- Valid BC Driver's License.
Technical Competencies (Role Specific):
- Knowledge of energy requirements and energy market participants
- Knowledge on contracts and service agreements
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships
- Demonstrated effective negotiation and communication skills
- Demonstrated sales and customer account/relationship management skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate at a high level, with the ability to understand commercial relationships and interpret and integrate fairly complex technical and contract information
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and present information, motivate and influence others
- Demonstrated ability to research and document relevant topics for potential accounts
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, understand and apply business analysis methods
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and demanding work schedules
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and presentation
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Suite of Applications
- Safe – Lead others in understanding, accepting and demonstrating safety standards and procedures. Customer Centric – Motivates others to innovate and create opportunities that make it easy for customers to do business with us. Engages others in discussing customer needs and improvement ideas.
- Collaborative – Encourages input and objectively bridges competing values to find the best solution.
- Respectful – Fosters a climate of transparency, trust and respect among others and in all partnerships.
- Progressive – Encourages new ideas from all leaves. Ensures change initiatives are communicated effectively to support organizational priorities and monitors their successful implementation.
This position works within a unionized environment.
Travel may be required as business dictates.
Apply online at:
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.