Position: ENERGUIDE RATING SYSTEM AND TECHNICAL SERVICES SPECIALIST
Organization: CITY GREEN SOLUTIONS
Location: Victoria, BC
The EnerGuide Rating System and Technical Services Specialist position works closely with City Green’s management, energy efficiency services, program coordination and client services team. This position will be support City Green’s EnerGuide Rating System Service Organization activities, energy efficiency program design and delivery for government and utilities, capacity building for the BC Energy Step Code, and providing training, quality assurance and other technical services.
Assist with various tasks to support City Green’s energy efficiency and GHG reduction services and programs, including but not limited to:
- Providing knowledge and experience about the EnerGuide Rating System and modelling in HOT2000 software.
- Providing building science and technical support to City Green’s client services staff and network of registered energy advisors.
- Supporting advancing the technical resources and services provided via City Green implemented BC Home Energy Coach Program
- Support the development and implementation of existing and new home energy efficiency and GHG reduction programs and services.
- Understanding and explaining complex terms and conditions for rebate programs, and keeping up to date on changing requirements.
- Supporting City Green’s technical support, program coordinating, and communications staff as needed.
Qualifications (Skills, Experience, Personality)
- Previous working knowledge and experience with the EnerGuide Rating System and HOT2000 software.
- Personal and professional fit with City Green’s vision and mission.
- Flexible and motivated.
- Building Science and energy efficiency product knowledge.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced team environment.
- Ability to provide project coordination for energy efficiency programs.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to organize and prioritize work tasks.
- Excellent communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail (for data entry and other tasks).
- Solid MS Office skills, and particularly MS Excel.
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to be self-directed, think-on-your-feet, teach yourself how to complete tasks and address challenges and issues as they arise.
- Interest in advancing building energy and GHG reduction solutions a requirement. A passion for this, an asset.
- Diploma/degree in relevant field or combination of relevant experience
- Registered Energy Advisor, Quality Assurance Specialist or SO Manager in ERS version 15 (or previous versions)
- Experience coordinating energy efficiency programs and services
- Familiarity with energy rebate programs
- Thermal Imaging experience
- Experience conducting utility bill analysis
- Comfortable delivering presentations and for training and other purposes
- A good sense of humour is appreciated
- Ability to speak and/or write a language in addition to English
- Start Date: As soon as possible, or at the availability of the best candidate
- Tasks: This is a desk job focused on work on the computer, email and phone. Although this position requires experience in HOT2000 and ERS it is not an energy evaluation field work position
- Position Type: This is a full time position. A part time option may be available for the right individual with a preference for less than full time work
- Hours: Monday to Friday. Flexible work arrangements possible
- Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Cover letter should include annual base salary expectations
- Location: Downtown Victoria office, close to public transit and indoor and outdoor bike lock-up
- Training: Ability to support additional training in areas interest to employee
- Probation period is 3 months
- Comprehensive benefits program will be available after 3 months
- Skype interview option available for out of province candidates
- Work Environment: City Green offers a casual and flexible (but fast paced) work environment and an opportunity to help shape and grow a dynamic energy/GHG reduction focused social enterprise
Qualified candidates can submit cover letter and resume (in one attached document) via email to manager(at)citygreen.ca. Early applications are encouraged, however the job posting will be open until filled. While we truly appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No walk-in applications please.
About City Green
City Green Solutions is an enterprising non-profit organization with a mission to excite, inspire and lead British Columbians in finding energy and GHG reduction solutions. We are an EnerGuide Rating System Service Organization for new and existing homes. The core of our work is collaboration with government, utilities and other stakeholders to design and deliver programs, communications and training that support an evolution in home energy retrofit programs and market transformation in new home construction.
For information on current programs City Green delivers, or is a partner for program delivery, see:
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.