Position: Facilities Manager
Location: Evergreen Brick Works, Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario
Evergreen is a charity that inspires action to green cities. Evergreen strives to solve pressing urban environmental issues by bringing people together, inspiring them with possibilities and engaging them in identifying solutions and taking action.
Evergreen is a national not-for-profit organization that makes cities more livable. By deepening the connection between people and nature, and empowering Canadians to take a hands-on approach to their urban environments, Evergreen is improving the health of our cities—now and for the future.
Overview: The Facilities Manager will manage operational and logistical activities at Evergreen Brick Works. The Facility Manager is responsible for purchasing, inventory tracking and asset management, scheduling and documentation. This position is key to building strong connections and processes between Facilities, internal and external users of the site.
- Manages and leads site maintenance team to ensure there is adequate logistical support for projects, programs, markets, tenants and events.
- Manages and tracks machinery, equipment and supplies, ensuring they are maintained to clean, safe and functional standards;
- Liaises with Hospitality & Events to ensure adequate staffing for all stages of event planning;
- Formulates plans to carry out work orders from large multiday projects to housekeeping;
- Monitors event and activity calendars and work orders to manage staff and materials for supporting these activities;
- Liaises with third-party suppliers (e.g. cleaners, security, etc.) for efficient support and service;
- Supports to Facilities team, including documentation and organization, budget and time management, and Health & Safety;
- Provides administration for security processes including procurement and delivery of keys/key cards, and monitoring/adjusting elevator/security schedules as needed;
- Acts as the Duty Manager on occasional weekends, ensuring that all activities are well managed, site visitor concerns are addressed, and that site conditions (cleanliness, health & safety, etc.) are met;
- Evaluates, recommends and supports Facilities team/support software and tools;
- Serves as a key member of the Joint Health and Safety Committee and Flood Management Team;
- Implements policies and ensures/monitors compliances
- Assists with setups and other jobs as required.
Position Specific Competencies:
- Analytical/Decision Making/Problem Solving skills. Draw insightful conclusions from information. Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of Evergreen. Assess difficult situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks.
- Communication. Speak, listen and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques
- Flexibility/adaptability. Flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Planning/Organization/Project Management. Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals and focus on priorities, create/implement action plans/budgets, document, evaluate, learn.
- Supervised by: Director, Facilities
- Supervises: Site Maintenance Lead, Site Stewards
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in Facility/Property Management
- Strong communicator with proven ability to manage a team and people
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Proficiency with computers, web-based applications and office software required Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledgeable in LEED and other building/property sustainability programs and accreditation an asset
- Valid class ‘G’ driver’s license an asset
- Working at heights and areal work platform certification, knowledge of forklift operation and general contracting background an asset
- First-aid/CPR certification an asset
- 40hrs/week with flexibility
- Weekend work is focused on Duty Manager responsibilities
- Able to endure rain and other inclement weather conditions
- Working indoors and outdoors with diverse groups of people
- Evergreen Brick Works is located in a flood plain of the Lower Don River and is prone to occasional flooding. Under these conditions, employees may be asked to work from home and/or participate in clean-up activities.
Terms of contract: Full-time regular
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted by e-mail to: email@example.com .
Please Reference “Facilities Manager” in the subject line
By Mail to Attention: Human Resources
Centre for Green Cities, Suite 300
Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3X8
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Evergreen’s Accommodation policy. Applicants, please make your needs known in advance. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.