Title: Program Manager – North Toronto, Vaughan
Organization: Smart Commute – North Toronto, Vaughan
Location: 45 Sheppard Ave. E (Yonge and Sheppard), North York, Toronto, Ontario
Position Type: Full Time
Hours: 40 hours per week
Reporting to: Executive Director
Compensation: $43,000-$47,000 plus health and dental benefits
Smart Commute - North Toronto, Vaughan (NTV), is a dynamic award-winning not-for-profit organization. Our mandate is to improve commuter options and to reduce traffic congestion in our service areas. We work with local employers, post-secondary institutions, property managers, and other organizations to provide Transportation Demand Management (TDM) programs that help employees and students reduce drive-alone trips that result in traffic gridlock, smog, greenhouse gas emissions and other costs to the environment, community and economy.
Our core activities include developing, launching and monitoring TDM programs for medium- to large-sized organizations. We promote a menu of options for commuters, such as transit, ride-matching, shuttle buses, vanpooling, telecommuting, cycling and walking.
Program Development & Delivery
- Develop programs and initiatives aimed at reducing Single Occupancy Vehicle mode share and inciting behavior change
- Conduct feasibility studies on new TDM initiatives and other activities that support greener and more sustainable commuting options
- Develop, deliver, and analyze commuter transportation surveys and conduct site assessments
- Apply individualized and community based social marketing to influence commuter behaviour within the GTHA in coordination with the Marketing Manager
- Oversee special projects related to programming
Evaluation & Reporting
- Actively monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of new and current programming on an ongoing basis
- Submit progress reports on Smart Commute programs and activities to partners, major funders, and the Smart Commute NTV Board of Directors
- Regularly prepare budgets and report to major funders in coordination with the Executive Director and staff team
Policy & Research
- Conduct research and write briefing reports/submissions as needed for policy work; communicate relevant research to partners
- Assist the Executive Director with public policy and government relations – representing Smart Commute and partners at relevant meetings, consultations and other industry events
Client Relations and HR
- Manage a variety of client partners and stakeholders, strengthening relationships and balancing their requirements in a timely and cost effective manner
- Attend external committee meetings as necessary to inform program development and implementation
- Manage staff and volunteers involved in programming and outreach initiatives
- Support the development of the Annual Report
- Support the staff recruitment and training process
- Excited to become an integral part of the organization and play an important role in our continued growth!
- A positive self-starter with 2-3 years relevant program/project management experience
- Confident in developing new business relationships and opportunities, and professional in working with employers and public agencies
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Willing and able to travel to locations within North Toronto and Vaughan, as well as occasionally to locations outside of these areas (a personal vehicle is not required)
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in urban planning, environmental studies, geography, public policy, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- A growth mindset, and a strong passion for making a difference and helping people
- Familiarity and interest in sustainable transportation; knowledge of environmental management, urban and regional planning, and transportation demand management issues
- Exceptional research skills and experience in program development, management, data analysis, budgeting, and monitoring/evaluation
- Strong interpersonal skills including excellent customer/client service, an outgoing personality for presentations
- Experience with event planning, volunteer management, public outreach and writing funding proposals
- Strong administrative, organizational and planning skills, and capacity to both work independently and demonstrate initiative in a team environment
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge and experience in ArcGIS
- A valid driver’s licence
What we offer:
- We are a small, passionate team where innovative thinking and creativity are valued.
- An office located on the subway line. Our workspace is open and collaborative.
- Flexible hours and work arrangements.
- Competitive vacation and benefits package.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.