Home | Job Postings
Job Title: Project Manager
Company: Fourth Pig
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Wage range: $35-42/hour
The Project Manager, residential construction(PM) will be responsible for the overall construction of projects assigned. The PM will promote and maintain a safe and efficient job site and take on tasks as needed. The Construction Project Manager will work with design professionals, consultants and clients as well as Site Supervisors, and other construction related personnel in planning, coordinating and safely executing the work in accordance with the contract documents, schedule and budget. The PM will perform or fulfill such duties and responsibilities as the Employer may designate from time to time and as are reasonably consistent with the position.
- Preparation of the project schedule
- Review the project plans and specifications and comment on the building design, scheduling, possible cost savings measures and potential construction problems
- Assist the construction manager / estimator in preparation of project budget
- Assist in assembling the job site equipment requirements
- Have confidence in own ability to intelligently communicate with design team/client as well as effectively lead the trades
- Expedite all shop drawings and approvals
- Monitor and maintain the project construction schedule on a regular basis
- Raise and discuss relevant issues at the job site meetings. Prepare & issue minutes of all site meetings
- Inform the Consultant/Client of any errors, discrepancies or omissions contained within the Consultant’s design drawings
- Expedite all CO (change order) costs. Maintain current CO logs
- Monitor site safety and ensure that the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act are enforced
- Ensure completion of and track all independent testing and inspections as required
- Issue monthly progress draws and invoicing to consultant and client including final holdbacks (if needed)
- Maintain and enforce good construction standards and quality control
- control and monitor labour, material and equipment expenses
- Ensure that “as-built” drawings are prepared on an ongoing basis by all trades during the construction period and issue final close outs to consultants, owner and city accordingly
- Ensure all required municipal inspections are performed
- Prepare and expedite project deficiency lists
- Prepare and organize a project directory for hand over to the client at the end of the project
- 2+ years experience as a Project Manager on residential custom builds and renovations.
- 10+ years working in residential construction in supervisory or management positions.
- Formal training in a construction related field an asset
- Must have understanding of construction terms, scheduling and planning concepts
- Possess a personal computer in good working condition with internet access
- Knowledge of the current Ontario Building Code as it applies to residential low-rise and light-commercial construction
- Excellent organizational, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of and experience in green and natural building techniques and products an asset
- Experience and knowledge of Passive House techniques is an asset
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and of project management software such as BuilderTrend
- WHMIS, Working at Heights, First Aid & other certs. considered an asset
- Posses a valid Class G driver’s license with insurance
- Posses a reliable vehicle, (possession of a vehicle capable of moving large materials, such as lumber)
To apply please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Your cover letter should include a statement of your environmental interest/experience. The Fourth Pig offers competitive wages commensurate with experience/expertise. Please include your wage expectations. Please include the job title (or titles) in your subject line and please no calls.
This is a rolling call for positions and they will be filled ASAP.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
GoodWork ID: 45241
Date posted to GoodWork.ca: Apr 18 2018