Title: Coordinator, Client Services
Organization: Rainforest Alliance
Reports to: Associate, Client Services
Location: Pacific Northwest, USA or Southern/Eastern Ontario, Canada (home-based)
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers. For more information, please visit http://www.rainforest-alliance.org/about.
As part of the North America (Canada/USA) Tier 1 team, the Coordinator, Client Services will coordinate and manage the execution of RA-Cert supply chain certification services for a subset of existing RA-Cert clients. S/he will be directly involved in all aspects of supply chain certification audits including scheduling, project management, customer service, management of contract auditors and quality control. The Coordinator will also be expected to participate in projects as an auditor.
• With guidance from the Associate, Client Services, manage the execution of primarily, tier 1 audits in the US and Canada, including budgeting, service contracts, team identification, logistical planning, support to consultants, report review, liaison with clients, and finalize reports for approval;
• Develop and implement annual audit schedules and ensure timely and efficient completion of annual audits;
• Act as auditor on selected assessments and audits;
• Ensure efficiency, quality control and adherence to technical and administration certification protocols for all jobs directly under his/her responsibilities;
• Coordinate with consultants on agreement scope of work and subsequent deliverables;
• In coordination with their supervisor and team, provide customer service to current and potential clients including, but not limited to, providing information about certification, guidance on interpretation of certification standards and trademark use;
• Develop strong expertise in standards, policies, and protocols;
• Act as primary point of contact in client correspondence and responding to inquiries relating to supply chain certification;
• Provide monthly expense reports, audit timelines, and FY goal progress to supervisor;
• Provide input for policy development and technical improvements to the certification system;
• Manage and maintain technical and administrative databases (e.g., Salesforce, FSC and other RA-Cert databases services);
• Monitor and maintain the status of the certificate client portfolio (activations, suspensions, terminations, changes in scope, updating customer data, etc.);
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree required, concentration in Forest Products, Forestry, Natural Resource Management or related field preferred;
• Minimum of 2 years work experience in forest product industry, forestry, paper and print industry or related field;
• Environmental management system auditor training experience preferred;
• Knowledge of Rainforest Alliance certification and/or FSC certification a plus;
• Strong word processing, databases, spreadsheets and presentation skills;
• Ability to manage competing priorities while working both independently and as part of a team;
• Accountability for individual and team actions and goals;
• Initiative: recognize and create opportunities and act accordingly with a results-oriented mindset, take direct action to attain or exceed objectives;
• Adaptability: remaining flexible and functional during in changing circumstances;
• Planning and organizing: ability to determine goals and priorities and assess actions, times and resources needed to achieve those goals;
• Strong attention to detail: ability to process detailed information effectively and consistently;
• Learning ability: ability to absorb new information readily and to put it into practice effectively;
• Strong customer service skills/orientation: ability and willingness to find out what the customer wants and needs and to act accordingly, taking the organization’s costs and benefits into account.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English required, French skills a plus;
• Willingness to travel up to 60% of the time.
• Fluency in English required. Fluency in French preferred.
• Dual work eligibility (US and Canada) a plus.
Commensurate with experience.
Please apply online at https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=15626071. Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
GoodWork ID: 42198 Date posted to GoodWork.ca: Aug 10 2017