Home | Job Postings
Position: Maintenance and Project Manager
Organization: Nedlaw Living Walls
Location: Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario
Nedlaw designs, builds and maintains the most advanced living wall biofilters.
Our client Nedlaw Living Walls and Living Roofs currently has an opportunity for a Maintenance and Project Manager to lead this division of their business. Reporting to the owner in the organization’s Kitchener area location, the Maintenance and Project Manager is responsible for planning and overseeing the completion of assigned jobs to meet project specifications and managing a team of employees towards this goal.
- Recruitment and maintenance of hourly work force to meet project demands
- Supervising installations and assisting where required
- Schedule projects and co-ordinate with customers and consultants
- Manage all aspects of ongoing projects including material, equipment, manpower and safety requirements
- Ensure projects are completed within the framework set out in estimates
- Ensure all maintenance agreements are current and monthly maintenance is completed as per the outlined terms and conditions
- Ensure projects are completed profitably, safely, according to specifications and quotations and within the organization's high quality standards
- Ensure adequate supplies on hand for upcoming maintenance and installations.
- Control and manage company tools, equipment and inventory
- Analysis of all jobs for profitability and makes necessary changes to agreements as necessary.
- Periodically contacts customers to ensure quality control.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- The ability to independently manage multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining a keen attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to complete your own work, while teaching, helping and leading others.
- Abilities to read and analyze blueprints, specifications and details.
- Knowledge of roofing and plant materials and application.
- Ability to prepare contracts and estimates.
- Ability to effectively problem solve.
- Innovative and creative thinking tactics.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing employees
- Experience in managing projects in a construction, roofing or horticulture industry
Nedlaw offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and opportunity for advancement and personal growth. If you are interested and feel you have the ability to succeed in this position, please submit your resume.
Job Type: Full-time
- Managing Employees: 5 years (Required)
- Project Management: 3 years (Required)
How to apply:
Contact Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume. For any questions please call 519-648-9779 ex. 242.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
Note: This posting is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of this posting. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions.
GoodWork ID: 45250
Date posted to GoodWork.ca: Apr 19 2018